Buckeye and maple and redwood burl from Rocky..#50

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

Hi guys, a few more pieces of wood to look over. Sort of a sample of my favorite woods. I picked up a beautiful maple root burl stump a while back....I love that stuff. Sorta spendy to buy but sometimes ya can't help yourself. :) A few pieces of it below.

Here they come:

BP24, $18.00 + $4.00 to ship = $22.00 total. Buckeye burl casting wood. Ten pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" give or take ....you can see two in the pic that are about 4ish. Misted pic.

bp24a.jpg

BP32, $19.00 + $4.00 to ship = $23.00 total. Buckeye burl pen blanks. Six pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5". Misted pic. These are pretty nice.

bp32a.jpg

MP4, $25.00 + $4.00 to ship = $29.00 total. Bigleaf maple burl oversized pen blanks. Five pieces in all. Three measure 1 x 1 x 5" and two are a little shorter at 1 x 1 x 4 7/8" long. Maple will have bark inclusions....that's what it does. See one inclusion in these....more could be inside, just sayin'. Misted pic.

mp4a.jpg

MP9, $20.00 + $4.00 to ship = $24.00 total. Bigleaf maple burl pen blanks. Five pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long. I intended to make 7/8" blanks but a few came out on the shy side so I'm calling them a really healthy 3/4". My measuring skills are why I don't turn pens. : ( Maple will have bark inclusions....that's what it does. Misted pic. Two pics...the "eye" side and the "ray" side.

mp9a.jpg

mp9b.jpg

MPC27b, $19.00 + $4.00 to ship = $23.00 total. Bigleaf maple cluster burl pen blanks. I love the color and figure in cluster burl. Six pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long. Misted pic.

mpc27b.jpg

RP1, $16.00 + $4.00 to ship = $20.00 total. Redwood burl pen blanks. Six pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long. Note that these do not show intense burl, mainly because of the grain orientation. See the rays running parallel to the "long" side? If they were turned 90 degrees you would see "eyes". That's why the lower price.....still pretty, just different. Misted pic.

rp1a.jpg

That's it guys.....if ya gotta have some, please comment in the thread and I'll PM you with the good news.....at least good to me. : )
Many thanks to you all who buy my blanks, I appreciate it.
Rocky

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom