Botanical Series Alumilite Cast Pen Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lathemaster

<h2>The Wooden Quill</h2>
We are expanding our botanical series of cast pen blanks to include a variety of fun blanks to turn.

Premium Lavender Flowers cast in violet Alumilite
Available in two sizes 1" x 1" x 3" - $3.50 ea. and 1" x 1" x 6" - $5.85 ea.<br>
Premium Chamomile Flowers cast in yellow/green Alumilite
Available in two sizes 1" x 1" x 3" - $3.50 ea. and 1" x 1" x 6" - $5.85 ea.<br>
Hibiscus Flowers cast in red Alumilite
Miniature Chrysanthemum Flowers cast in blue Alumilite
Available in two sizes 1" x 1" x 3" - $4.75 ea. and 1" x 1" x 6" - $6.50 ea.<br>

Shipping for 1 - 4 blanks via USPS First Class Mail ( US Only ) $3.50
Free Shipping for 6 or more blanks ( US Only )
International shipping upon request

Respond to this thread your choices - transaction completed via PM

Thanks for looking
Mike

Attachments

• Lavender Botanical CloseUp-1.jpg
    Lavender Botanical CloseUp-1.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 704
  • Chamomille Botanical CloseUp-1.jpg
    Chamomille Botanical CloseUp-1.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 904
  • SierraWithFlowersAndBlanks-Part-2.jpg
    SierraWithFlowersAndBlanks-Part-2.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 593
  • [Closeup Barrel - 1.jpg
    [Closeup Barrel - 1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 552
  • Blanks-2.jpg
    Blanks-2.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 700
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mike marano

Would like 2 ea of 1x1x6
Lavender/Chamomile/Hibiscus/Mini Chrysanthemum
Please advise total and PM add...Thanks Mike

robutacion

G'day Mike,

Once upon a time, I was told by many folks that, I have surprised them with the "stuff" I have embedded in some sort of resin and made into pen blanks and some other blanks, and while I still make and enjoy creating new blanks, I have no intentions to copy anyone's work, that would be against my principles (I only wish that I would have the same criteria from others...!) however, I look at the new creations almost with the same enthusiasm as I do when I create them myself so, allow me to congratulate you for your idea and execution, those blanks look fun and will make lots of people pretty happy with them.

I have used a few "natural" products such as gum nuts, gum caps, pods of all sorts, coconut/palm tree products and so much more that I can't recall at this moment but leafs and plant products such as the ones you used, I may have contemplated but I never went ahead so, great to see someone just doing that, congrats...!

Don't see me as competition, I do not compete with anyone in these things so, see me as a IAP member, vendor and also a blank creator, admiring your work and make my thoughts made public.

Good luck with your venture and those blanks...!:biggrin:

PS: Just a simple question, when your blanks are turned, do the natural essences of those flowers still noticeable or the resin heat destroys that, as it did with so many nice smelling products I used in casting..??

Cheers
George

Lathemaster

G'day Mike,

Once upon a time, I was told by many folks that, I have surprised them with the "stuff" I have embedded in some sort of resin and made into pen blanks and some other blanks, and while I still make and enjoy creating new blanks, I have no intentions to copy anyone's work, that would be against my principles (I only wish that I would have the same criteria from others...!) however, I look at the new creations almost with the same enthusiasm as I do when I create them myself so, allow me to congratulate you for your idea and execution, those blanks look fun and will make lots of people pretty happy with them.

I have used a few "natural" products such as gum nuts, gum caps, pods of all sorts, coconut/palm tree products and so much more that I can't recall at this moment but leafs and plant products such as the ones you used, I may have contemplated but I never went ahead so, great to see someone just doing that, congrats...!

Don't see me as competition, I do not compete with anyone in these things so, see me as a IAP member, vendor and also a blank creator, admiring your work and make my thoughts made public.

Good luck with your venture and those blanks...!:biggrin:

PS: Just a simple question, when your blanks are turned, do the natural essences of those flowers still noticeable or the resin heat destroys that, as it did with so many nice smelling products I used in casting..??

Cheers
George

George

Thanks for the kind words.

The simple answer to the aroma question is yes. I setup the bandsaw in the driveway a couple of weeks ago to cut up several blocks of the lavender and chamomile. As I was cutting the lavender blocks I was suddenly aware of several honey bees checking out the progress.

Cheers
Mike

JohnU

Beautiful blanks Mike! A couple years ago I cast a few blanks for myself with potpourri containing flowers and pods. It was not an easy process and I was not happy with them after turning, as they lacked the fullness you have in yours. I'm very impressed with your finished product. Congrats and best of luck with sales. I'm sure you will have no problems selling them.

Lathemaster

Beautiful blanks Mike! A couple years ago I cast a few blanks for myself with potpourri containing flowers and pods. It was not an easy process and I was not happy with them after turning, as they lacked the fullness you have in yours. I'm very impressed with your finished product. Congrats and best of luck with sales. I'm sure you will have no problems selling them.

John

High praise from you. I have used and admired your feather banks for years.

Mike

Top Bottom