Bigleaf maple cluster burl pen blanks from Rockb...#18

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

Hi Guys, I came across a couple really great log sections of maple cluster burl a while back. It once was a 6 foot give or take log. The previous owner ripped it lengthwise so I bought 2 log halves. It's dry, shows some spalting and some bluing and some beautiful figure with burl scattered throughout. Maple cluster burl grows on the trunk compared to root ball burl....in the ground. The clusters are bigger on the surface but they tend to shrink in size as they go to the center....sorta like an ice cream cone. In the pics, you may see a trend showing grain arched like a rainbow. The arched part is part of the curve that the burl would show on the surface. Pics are misted to show grain....but you knew that. : )

Note I've showed prices and additional shipping.....a variation of some of my previous sales. There is a reason...don't ask. ; )

International wood buddies are certainly welcome to buy too.

Here they are:

MPC1, $18.00 plus $3.00 shipping.... $21.00 total.
Six bigleaf maple cluster burl blanks. They measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long....give or take a hair. I cut 'em all myself.....sometimes get a little heavy/light handed on the sanding.

mpc1a.JPG

MPC2, $18.00 plus $3.00 shipping.... $21.00 total.
Six bigleaf maple cluster burl blanks. They measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long....give or take a hair. I cut 'em all myself.....sometimes get a little heavy/light handed on the sanding.

mpc2a.JPG

MPC3, $18.00 plus $3.00 shipping.... $21.00 total.

mpc3a.JPG

MPC4, $18.00 plus $3.00 shipping.... $21.00 total.

mpc4a.JPG

MPC5, $18.00 plus $3.00 shipping.... $21.00 total.

mpc5a.JPG

MPC6, $18.00 plus $3.00 shipping.... $21.00 total.

mpc6a.JPG

MPC7, $18.00 plus $3.00 shipping.... $21.00 total.

mpc7a.JPG

MPC8, $18.00 plus $3.00 shipping.... $21.00 total.

mpc8a.JPG

MPC9, $18.00 plus $3.00 shipping.... $21.00 total.

mpc9a.JPG

MPC10, $18.00 plus $3.00 shipping.... $21.00 total.

mpc10a.JPG

That's it guys....hope you can use a few. Just reply in the thread what you want and I'll PM you with details.
Many thanks,
Rocky

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

One left guys.... MPC8...... not sure why its's the last.... like being the last kid picked in grade school..... : )

rockb

They're all gone guys...Jerry got the last one. I really appreciate you all for making this posting a success......Hope you all enjoy the blanks.
Will try and post a few more maybe next weekend.
Many thanks,
Rocky

Top Bottom