Bigleaf maple burl pen blanks from Rocky...#165

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

Hi Guys, I'm offering three lots of bigleaf maple burl pen blanks for sale. I would recommend stabilizing before use. Some are fairly hard but some you can dent with your fingernail.

MP70 $22.00 plus $4.00 to ship = $26.00 total. Bigleaf maple burl pen blanks that should be stabilized before using. Note a lot of spalting in these. Five pieces measure 7/8 x 7/8 x 5" long. There may be a few slightly under 7/8" where I either got a little heavy handed while sanding or needed to "true" up a side. Two misted pics.

mp70a.jpg
mp70b.jpg

MP71 $22.00 plus $4.00 to ship = $26.00 total. Bigleaf maple burl pen blanks that should be stabilized before using. Note a lot of spalting in theses. Five pieces measure 7/8 x 7/8 x 5" long. There may be a few slightly under 7/8" where I either got a little heavy handed while sanding or needed to "true" up a side. Two misted pics.

mp71a.jpg
mp71b.jpg

MP73 $22.00 plus $4.00 to ship = $26.00 total. Bigleaf maple burl pen blanks that should be stabilized before using. Note a lot of spalting in theses. Five pieces measure 7/8 x 7/8 x 5" long. There may be a few slightly under 7/8" where I either got a little heavy handed while sanding or needed to "true" up a side. Two misted pics.

mp73a.jpg
mp73b.jpg

Just reply in the thread if you'd like some and I'll PM you with details. Thank you, Rocky

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Those are beautiful. IMHO, BLMB is one of the prettiest woods in the world. One of my personal pens is made with it. If I didn't already have thousands of blanks waiting to be made into pens I would buy some. BTW, I stabilize wood and have found that all the maples take stable very well. Your advice should be heeded by whoever buys these. A stabled BLMB pen is eye-popping.

rockb

Thanks for your comment Frank. Bigleaf maple is beautiful....certainly one of my favorites too. : )

Top Bottom