100 Exotic African Hardwood Pen Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalmann

10 off 3/4" x 3/4" x 6 Pen Blanks in 10 different Mozambique Hardwoods bagged and labeled in packs of 5 - TOTAL 100

Price US$90 inclusive of delivery

Mopane(Colophospermum Mopane)Chacate Preto ( Guibourtia Conjugata)Tamboti (Spirostachys Africana)Panga Panga (Milletia Stuhlmannii)Wild Mango (Cordyla Africana) Mulamanana (Cassia Abbreviata)Leadwood (Combretum Imberbe)Xylia (Xylia Torreana)Brown Ivory (Berchemia Discolor)Chamfuta (Afzelia Quanzensis)
All these timbers are from a single sawmill in Mozambique (TCT- Dalmann Lda) who are great advocates of responsible and sustainable forestry management. Details of these policies a practices are shown on the Dalmann UK website www.dalmannuk.com. Shipping may take up to 10 days and prices quoted do not include any taxes or excise which may be levied by authorities .Price includes delivery by international courier.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I would be interested in buying.

Shipping to Canada included in the price ?

Not sure what this means :

10 different Mozambique Hardwoods bagged and labeled in packs of 5

Are there 100 blanks in total, being sold in 10 lots of 10 each ?

A picture of the 10 different woods would be nice, please, if you could do that.

Dalmann

Thanks for your valued enquiry.

The offer is for a total of 100 pen blanks consisting of 10 blanks in 10 different species - as listed in the post. The blanks are packed in plastic bags in packs of 5 (total 20 packs each containing 5 blanks) to facilitate easy handling, identification and storage.

Delivery charges are included in the price quoted, but price excludes any taxes/duties which may be levied by authorities in the country of destination.
[QUOTE=magpens;1918629]I would be interested in buying.

I will post a picture of the blanks in due course.

Take care

Rob

A picture of the 10 different woods would be nice, please, if you could do that.

[/QUOTE]

robutacion

The offer is for a total of 100 pen blanks consisting of 10 blanks in 10 different species - as listed in the post. The blanks are packed in plastic bags in packs of 5 (total 20 packs each containing 5 blanks) to facilitate easy handling, identification and storage.

Delivery charges are included in the price quoted, but price excludes any taxes/duties which may be levied by authorities in the country of destination.

Take care

Rob

G'day Rob,

Can I give you a friendly suggestion, that you make the mixed packs a little smaller, I know that you've got them in bags of 5 blanks, the option of cutting the total number of blanks in half (10 packs of 5 blanks of each species) would be better for everybody or, you go a little further and start by offering packs with 1 of each wood species therefore packs of 10 total blanks that would allowed for those like me that collect woods from other countries to have a sample of each wood (sufficient to me) but also to allow the folks to have an idea of the wood species you are offering making their future decision on buying the bigger packs a little easier.

Offering those options and the shipping costs that would apply to each option for the different countries they would probably go to, would make it clear for everybody...!

I understand that you are trying to sell volume but, you may be pushing people away that way, as the majority of members here are not retailers for someone else products.

I'm only trying to be helpful knowing well the IAP environment that you now are part of...!:)

Cheers
George

Dalmann

Hi George,

Thanks for your valued advice. I'm not looking at just pushing for volume sales but rather maximising cost effectiveness of shipping. To send 50 blanks to US costs much the same as it would for 100 blanks. Unfortunately shipping makes up the major cost of the offer.

I'm looking into alternative shipping methods/distribution costs and will hopefully come up with a more viable solution.

Take care
Rob

Take care

Rob

G'day Rob,

Can I give you a friendly suggestion, that you make the mixed packs a little smaller, I know that you've got them in bags of 5 blanks, the option of cutting the total number of blanks in half (10 packs of 5 blanks of each species) would be better for everybody or, you go a little further and start by offering packs with 1 of each wood species therefore packs of 10 total blanks that would allowed for those like me that collect woods from other countries to have a sample of each wood (sufficient to me) but also to allow the folks to have an idea of the wood species you are offering making their future decision on buying the bigger packs a little easier.

Offering those options and the shipping costs that would apply to each option for the different countries they would probably go to, would make it clear for everybody...!

I understand that you are trying to sell volume but, you may be pushing people away that way, as the majority of members here are not retailers for someone else products.

I'm only trying to be helpful knowing well the IAP environment that you now are part of...!:)

Cheers
George

robutacion

You are confronted with a similar situation I had when I first started however and after some time I manage to be approved for a cash account with Australia Post, while I still have to pay for every transaction on the day, the benefits are from the discounted rates that I was approved for International destinations only.

While still not cheap, most rates are about 40% less than the general public prices, the other problem is to post to countries where the postal services are less secure than the 3 main countries such as USA, Canada and UK. For most orders to these 3 locations, the "Economy" option is used which is considerably less than the more secure options but in a great majority of cases, it has been working OK.

So, I understand the type of "Devil" International shipping can be and how difficult is sometimes, to make things affordable.:frown:

You may need to do a little research on the issue, I'm sure you will find something...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom