Wood Lathe Will be For Sale if there is an Interest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerGarrett

I have a used Jet Variable Speed Wood Lathe (JWL-1236) that I've used successfully for several years. It is no longer manufactured, but the replacement version for it is about $1200. I'm planning to upgrade to a Powermatic 3520B lathe, so this one will need to go to someone with a need for a larger lathe than a mini-lathe (I have one of those that I'm keeping!) but who does not need a full size, 800+ lb. lathe!

This is a great lathe - accurate, has the cool feature of the rotational headstock for bowls and the extended tool rest. I've really enjoyed using it.

Cost will be $900 - Pickup only.

Please contact me via email at: rgarrett@iwu.edu if you are interested.

By the way - pictured is the most recent item to be turned on this particular lathe.

Features:
Heavy-duty cast-iron lathe bed adds stability while limiting vibration
Headstock pivots 90 Degrees and locks to facilitate outboard turning
Reeves drive pulley system allows quick variable speed changes from 550 to 3,000 RPM
The bed is specially designed to allow easy positioning of the outboard turning tool rest
Heavy-duty cast-iron headstock and tailstock provide rigidity and strength for long tool life
Hollow tailstock lets you perform long hole boring operations
Variable-speed spindle includes six pre-positioned selections with positive detents to quickly set speed to the most common requirements
Locking control levers quickly and securely position the tool rest
Heavy-duty 3/4 HP single phase induction motor with industrial controls provides smooth, consistent power during use
Heavy-duty steel open stand provides support and stability to the tool for better results

Weight: 183 lbs.
AC Voltage: 120V
Distance Between Centers: 16-1/2 in.
Horsepower: 0.75
Motor Phase: 1
PreWired Voltage: 120V
Spindle Speed Range (RPM): 500 - 4,000
Spindle Speed Settings: 5
Spindle Taper (Headstock): MT-2
Spindle Taper (Tailstock): MT-2
Swing Over Bed: 12-1/2 in.
Tailstock Spindle Travel: 2-1/4 in.
Tool Rest Length: 6 in. / 10 in.

Attachments

• Jet JWL-1236 Lathe.jpg
    Jet JWL-1236 Lathe.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 199
  • Deannas Pepper Grinder.jpg
    Deannas Pepper Grinder.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

TonyL

Just visited your site. Your work is beautiful. BTW. About a year ago, I watched all 87 episodes of ST. I had never seen them. If you want to laugh, watch the bloopers and the out takes on YouTube.

Enjoy the Powermatic!

Top Bottom