Thuya Burl and Snake Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KCW

Ok, I'm shutting this one down, I can't take any more. The last boxes shipped this morning 12/13/16.

So my wife let me get a new lathe, but her stipulation was that I had to sell some of my wood hoard, to offset the cost. I was not really excited about it, but it is fair (I have a wood addiction). So I thought I would check here to see if anyone would be interested in some Thuya burl blanks, or Snake wood blanks. The Thuya is 3/4 by 5, and the Snake wood is all over the board, I will have to look for sure, but some is 3/4 up to an inch. I figured I would see if anyone would be interested before taking pictures of it. I thought $5 for the Thuya, and $8 for the 3/4 Snake wood. What do you think?

The Thuya is gone for now, thanks everyone who purchased
Still plenty of Snakewood left

These will ship in a SFRB from the USPS.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KCW

Here is the new lathe, by the way.

20161202_070233.jpg

magpens

I will take 10 of the 5" x 3/4" Thuya burl at $5, and 4 of the 5" x 3/4" snakewood at $8, please ... mailed to WA state address.

... subject to seeing the pictures.

Last edited:

KCW

I will take 10 of the 5" x 3/4" Thuya burl at $5, and 4 of the 5" x 3/4" snakewood at $8, please ... mailed to WA state address.

... subject to seeing the pictures.

Ok thanks Mal, I will work on getting pictures up, later today.

Quality Pen

If the thuya has lots of eyes i would be interested in a few. The last time i got some it was advertised as exhibition but it was a disappointment!

KCW

If the thuya has lots of eyes i would be interested in a few. The last time i got some it was advertised as exhibition but it was a disappointment!

I don't know how it would be classified, but it makes some nice looking pens. The best I can do for the moment, is a picture of a pen made out of it.

il_570xN.1057848989_7ohc.jpg

Sprung

Dan, I would be interested in 6 of the Thuya Burl if you have enough left after taking care of Mal. (Would like to see pictures of the blanks I'd be getting though.) I'm about out of Thuya Burl in pen blank form and the small slab I have of it is too nice for me to want to cut up.

KCW

Dan, I would be interested in 6 of the Thuya Burl if you have enough left after taking care of Mal. (Would like to see pictures of the blanks I'd be getting though.) I'm about out of Thuya Burl in pen blank form and the small slab I have of it is too nice for me to want to cut up.

Matt, I should have plenty for you too (my wife thinks I have a problem, but I would disagree :rolleyes:)

Sprung

Matt, I should have plenty for you too (my wife thinks I have a problem, but I would disagree :rolleyes:)

I'm in the same boat! My wife would be telling me to cut up and use the small slab first! :eek: (Actually just got done turning a Thuya Burl pen this morning for an order - one of my favorite woods.)

magpens

Dan,

I would like to modify my order to 16 Thuya burl and 4 Snakewood.
Hope you can make that change and still satisfy the others who opted in after my first claim.

Twenty 5" blanks should ship in a small FRB or a flat rate envelope ... to WA state.

KCW

Dan,

I would like to modify my order to 16 Thuya burl and 4 Snakewood.
Hope you can make that change and still satisfy the others who opted in after my first claim.

Twenty 5" blanks should ship in a small FRB or a flat rate envelope ... to WA state.

Yes, I should still be able to fill everyone's orders. My wife will be so happy. LOL.

KCW

I'm sure you guys are right. I was just hoping to sell off some of both, and not all of my Thuya, but as long as it keeps me out of the doghouse, I'm fine with it.

KCW

20161206_181115_1481070786197.jpg

20161206_181631_1481070785836-2.jpg

OK, here they are. I dug through and picked out a bunch of each, and these pictures are very representative of what I selected. If after seeing the pictures, you still want some, send me a pm with the quantities of both kinds, and I will send one back with your total, with shipping, and where to send it. Sorry for taking so long, but I was on daddy duty. Thanks everyone.

KCW

Congrats on the new lathe! Is this the JET Midi?

Thuya sure smells nice!

Thanks Charlie, yes it is the Jet 1221. I started this a couple of years ago, with a Harbor Freight lathe, and had no idea that it would suck me in, like it has. The old HF treated me well, but boy is this new one nice.

pictures

So my wife let me get a new lathe, but her stipulation was that I had to sell some of my wood hoard, to offset the cost. I was not really excited about it, but it is fair (I have a wood addiction). So I thought I would check here to see if anyone would be interested in some Thuya burl blanks, or Snake wood blanks. The Thuya is 3/4 by 5, and the Snake wood is all over the board, I will have to look for sure, but some is 3/4 up to an inch. I figured I would see if anyone would be interested before taking pictures of it. I thought $5 for the Thuya, and $8 for the 3/4 Snake wood. What do you think?

Can we see color pictures?

KCW

Can we see color pictures?

Take a look at post #20. They are cell phone pictures, but the color is ok, I thought.

KCW

Ok, I'm cutting off the Thuya in 7 more blanks, other than people I have already spoken to in PM. My wife is going to have to pry the boxes out of my hands, to mail them lol. There is still plenty of snakewood to go around though :biggrin:

gimpy

I see a spelling error,,,,,,,,But I WOOD disagree,,,,,,,,,:)

duncsuss

My pack of blanks arrived today -- thanks Dan (and Mrs Dan, without whom I doubt Dan would be sharing his treasure trove :rolleyes:)

Just wanted to say, these are some of the finest snakewood pen blanks I've had.

(The thuya is nice too -- but I only had one other piece of it, so I don't feel that I have a basis for comparison.)

KCW

My pack of blanks arrived today -- thanks Dan (and Mrs Dan, without whom I doubt Dan would be sharing his treasure trove :rolleyes:)

Just wanted to say, these are some of the finest snakewood pen blanks I've had.

(The thuya is nice too -- but I only had one other piece of it, so I don't feel that I have a basis for comparison.)

I'm glad you like them Duncan. I gave you guys my best stuff, because I didn't want anyone to be disappointed in their purchase.

Top Bottom