Strongink -50 pieces Turquoise Pen blanks US$199 with Shipping

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

richard_y6

hello Everyone !

This week i want to sell 50 pieces of Turquoise Pen blanks , total 10 patterns . each patterns has 5 pieces . SIZE :3/4"X3/4"X5"

I want to sell it as one lot total 199 with shipping . limited offer and only 5 lots available .

if you want to select and buy some ones of the 10 patters , please visit our website to buy .

[Sold Out ]

Sorry , there were two 50 pieces lot left until yesterday, and sold out yesterday at one time as one order . we planed only 250 pieces for this promotion , but if you still have interest please PM me

335_P_1527643810610.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rsieracki

if anyone else is interested in buying the 50 to split up like a group buy I'd be in for 10 (1 of each color to try it out

I ordered a set of these, as well as one of their carbide tools. Ordered on Friday, and it's all supposed to arrive tomorrow. So far, so good. I hope I can still say that when I open the box tomorrow.

Yablonsky

I'd like to get like 2 of each of about 4 of the patterns, however the shipping cost on the site is extremely illogical. I added 2 blanks and the shipping was $7...ok. I then add 2 more and shipping goes to $9...ok. I add 2 more and shipping jumps all the way to $24...Whoa there.....Added 2 more and it goes up to $27 or so...ok...added 2 more and it goes down to $20....now I'm confused. As I continue to add, it then goes back up to $30+ for shipping. 11 blanks seems to be the prime spot for $20 shipping and it goes up from there.

I do understand this is coming from China, and I do expect the shipping to be more than local shipping, but it fluctuates too much.

Also, in your first post you say "with shipping". Does that mean shipping is free if you buy 50 blanks or does it mean $199 + shipping?

Ken

I'd like to get like 2 of each of about 4 of the patterns, however the shipping cost on the site is extremely illogical. I added 2 blanks and the shipping was $7...ok. I then add 2 more and shipping goes to $9...ok. I add 2 more and shipping jumps all the way to $24...Whoa there.....Added 2 more and it goes up to $27 or so...ok...added 2 more and it goes down to $20....now I'm confused. As I continue to add, it then goes back up to $30+ for shipping. 11 blanks seems to be the prime spot for $20 shipping and it goes up from there.

I do understand this is coming from China, and I do expect the shipping to be more than local shipping, but it fluctuates too much.

Also, in your first post you say "with shipping". Does that mean shipping is free if you buy 50 blanks or does it mean $199 + shipping?

Ken

This 50 blank lot was $199, shipping included. I'm sure that's for this particular assortment only, not your choice.

DavidD

Ken

Ken,

If you join in with me, Terry, and rsieracki, we can potentially split this cost 4 ways. I might be able to take 20 if you all can take 10...

David

richard_y6

Ken

Hi Ken , sorry for making you confused . i will explain you as below .
1. Strongink have 3 shipping methods . one is Economic type ,Starting shipping cost US$7 ,cheap shipping with longer delivery but only limited within 2kgs ,suiable for small orders . one is Standard type, starting cost is US$19-23, delivery around 4 working days . the third type is Super type , this type is suitable for bulk order starting cost is US$160 , which including shipping and all duty you may charge to your local customs .

2. I think you only saw the shipping cost on the bucket(shopping cart), which only shows you the reference cheapest shipping cost according to your country and the items you added ,some times because of item adding speed, internet or server refresh problem it shows incorrect result, that's why your shipping jumped to 24usd directly, but it is not the final cost, you should go to next step to choose your country , your shipping method and use the credits you got from Strongink, I believe you will got a very good final price .

3. Thank you Ken for your attention to Strongink items , and sorry for making you confused . From today on we will remove shipping cost reference shown on the shopping cart temporarily until it can work perfectly.

richard_y6

Ken

Hi Ken , yes , US$199 includes 50 blanks and shipping, limited offer , not always .

richard_y6

I ordered a set of these, as well as one of their carbide tools. Ordered on Friday, and it's all supposed to arrive tomorrow. So far, so good. I hope I can still say that when I open the box tomorrow.

Hi Yussef , when you drill the blanks please do not ignore it's stone features , when drilling hole ,it may crack if you press too hard . and sanding it with wet sandpaper is good way . if you are a experienced pen maker or you have turned stone blanks before ,please ignore above tips .

dachshund1

06-09

David:

I'd be willing to split the remaining 10 with you (5 each), if that would help.

Terry
Lexington, KY, USA

Ken

Ken,

If you join in with me, Terry, and rsieracki, we can potentially split this cost 4 ways. I might be able to take 20 if you all can take 10...

David

Upinsmoke9

I may be interested in the 10/50. Would one of us purchase all 50 then distribute to the other 4 and they pay the additional shipping charge?

Ok guys. They arrived, and I've had a chance to unpack them. I have not had a chance to work one, but thought I'd put my thoughts out there for those looking to buy this lot.

The good: -MUCH cheaper than Trustone.
-They were individually wrapped in foam sheet.
-They arrived in 1 week, from Hong Kong
-The colors/patterns look good, and they have the same heft as TS.

The bad: -The vast majority of them have chips, even chunks, missing along not only the
corners, but ends and sides. Some are no worse than your typical inlace acrylester
blank. Many are in similar condition to what you'd find in the $1 blank bins at your
local store.

-One was over a 1/4" short, and will be shorter still once I trim the end to get rid of
the chipping.

-One or two were under .75" square.

-Several others were nearly .9" on one side. It looks like they were the end pieces,
and they just didn't bother squaring them up.

Before ordering, I asked if these were 1st run, or seconds, and was told they were first quality. All in all, they look like seconds. At $4 a blank for "trustone", they'll do, but I don't think I'll be buying more once these are gone. Hopefully these turn well, without a lot of holes. Unfortunately, I won't find out for at least a week or so.

Last edited:
I forgot about the carbide tool, and the slimline they threw in.

The slimline looked to be pretty nice quality. I definitely prefer the styling I've the traditional slimline.

The carbide tool was also nicely made, with a thick cutter and included wrench. They also threw in an extra cutter to help offset the additional shipping from adding the tool.

richard_y6

Ok guys. They arrived, and I've had a chance to unpack them. I have not had a chance to work one, but thought I'd put my thoughts out there for those looking to buy this lot.

The bad: -The vast majority of them have chips, even chunks, missing along not only the
corners, but ends and sides. Some are no worse than your typical inlace acrylester
blank. Many are in similar condition to what you'd find in the $1 blank bins at your
local store.

-One was over a 1/4" short, and will be shorter still once I trim the end to get rid of
the chipping.

-Several others were nearly .9" on one side. It looks like they were the end pieces,

Before ordering, I asked if these were 1st run, or seconds, and was told they were first quality. All in all, they look like seconds. At $4 a blank for "trustone", they'll do, but I don't think I'll be buying more once these are gone. Hopefully these turn well, without a lot of holes. Unfortunately, I won't find out for at least a week or so.

Thanks for your coment, i have some points to explain .

1. Shiped From HongKong, that was because our Global express agent ship with HongKong DHL or TNT,or FedEx .

2. Chips problems. (you can see clearly from my thread photo ), all of our pen blanks are first run quality . all our blanks are cut in our factory and ship to our distribution warehouse . the shipment make them have some tiny chips is very common , because they are stone not acrylic , but they are easy to turned off and will never affect your turning . our old customers never feedback that they have problems with turning.

3. Size problems . all the pen blanks are cut from big blocks with big bench saw , most of them are have exact size 3/4"x3/4"x5" , only few blanks will have tiny different size . yes , they may be the end pieces ,but one big block can cut around 35 pen blanks, only several have size like what you said .

4. Do they have holes ? no , they never have holes inside , just turn them , if you find any holes in any blanks at anytime, just take picture for me , I will refund you money .

In a word , chips problems will be imporved as possilbe as we can . end pieces will be removed from our stock from today on.

Last edited:

local store.

the chipping.

1. Ship From HongKong, that was because our Global express ship with HongKong DHL or TNT,or FedEx .

2. Chips , all of our pen blanks are first run quality . all our blanks are cut in our factory and ship to our distribution warehouse . the shipment make them have some tiny chips is very common , because they are stone not acrylic , but they are easy to turned off and will never affect your turning .

3. Size problems . all the pen blanks are cut from big blocks with big bench saw , most of them are have exact size 3/4"x3/4"x5" , only few blanks will have tiny different size . yes , they may be the end pieces ,but one big block can cut around 35 pen blanks, only several have size like what you said .

4. Do they have holes ? no , they never have holes inside , just turn them , if you find any holes in any blanks at anytime, just take picture for me , I will refund you money .

1) That was just for those that might be wondering exactly where they shipped from. That they got here in a week was all that really mattered to me.

2) Exactly none of the chipping came from shipping. These were very well packed, with no contact between blanks. There were no broken little pieces in the box/packaging, meaning they were already chipped when they were individually packed. Their stone content is also no excuse for the condition, as years of working with TruStone turned up a mere fraction of the chipping in this lot. Lastly, some of it may well affect turning, as some of it is large enough to affect the usable length/width of the blanks.

3) I'm fully aware of how they are cut, that's why I figured they were end pieces that weren't finished/squared like they were supposed to be. Not really a bid deal, but it was worth pointing out. Undersized blanks should go in the reject pile. "Only a few" is really not cool.

4) Thank you.

richard_y6

local store.

the chipping.

1. Ship From HongKong, that was because our Global express ship with HongKong DHL or TNT,or FedEx .

2. Chips , all of our pen blanks are first run quality . all our blanks are cut in our factory and ship to our distribution warehouse . the shipment make them have some tiny chips is very common , because they are stone not acrylic , but they are easy to turned off and will never affect your turning .

1) That was just for those that might be wondering exactly where they shipped from. That they got here in a week was all that really mattered to me.

2) Exactly none of the chipping came from shipping. These were very well packed, with no contact between blanks. There were no broken little pieces in the box/packaging, meaning they were already chipped when they were individually packed. Their stone content is also no excuse for the condition, as years of working with TruStone turned up a mere fraction of the chipping in this lot. Lastly, some of it may well affect turning, as some of it is large enough to affect the usable length/width of the blanks.

3) I'm fully aware of how they are cut, that's why I figured they were end pieces that weren't finished/squared like they were supposed to be. Not really a bid deal, but it was worth pointing out. Undersized blanks should go in the reject pile. "Only a few" is really not cool.

4) Thank you.

Re:2) Yes , you are correct , i mean they are from shipment from our factory to our warehouse "all our blanks are cut in our factory and ship to our distribution warehouse"

re:3) Yes , you are correct , this point should be improved . please select undersized blanks , we will refund you the money .

Thanks for your unbiased feedback , which let us know where should we improve and how to .

richard_y6

so now post one says SOLD OUT... thats too bad i was going to order a set of the 50

Sorry Ron , there were two 50 pieces lot left until yesterday, and sold out yesterday at one time as one order . we planed only 250 pieces for this promotion, but if you still have interest please PM me , and others if you want to order too , can also PM me .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom