Stabilizing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

Good morning,
I've got some slightly spalted maple that will need to be stabilized to turn well. From our property, aged and want to turn pens for our sons. May have a few other blanks to do at the same time, not more than a small flat rate box full (though i'll take a look and see what else would benefit if a larger batch is more efficient.

Between work and life, I just don't have the time (or space!!) to add stabilizing YET, so could use a hand on this one. I've dragged my feet too long to ask for a turnaround by Christmas--but that would be awesome if it could be done. Price your time and materials to be fair to yourself--this stuff isn't free. Close to northwest Indiana might help, but with the speed of priority mail most of the continental US is "close".

Thanks,
Earl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sprung

Earl, are you looking for clear stabilized or stabilized/dyed? You'd have to mail it to me, obviously, since MN isn't that close. Couldn't guarantee that you'd have them back by Christmas, but if it's just clear stabilized, I can certainly try. Feel free to send me a PM!

magpens

I am not positive about this, but woodnwhimsies.com in MO just might offer stabilizing service

greenacres2

Thanks for the replies. We've crammed a lot of activity into 3 days, and tomorrow is full as well.

Matt--I got two to turn this afternoon, a little punky but no blow-outs and i'll use a CA finish to help them survive. Will PM you in the coming week anyway, but the sense of urgency is behind me.

Mal--didn't see anything on their web site, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there!! I'll take a deeper look, and perhaps shoot them an e-mail as well.

Thanks!!
earl

Rifleman1776

Good morning,
I've got some slightly spalted maple that will need to be stabilized to turn well. From our property, aged and want to turn pens for our sons. May have a few other blanks to do at the same time, not more than a small flat rate box full (though i'll take a look and see what else would benefit if a larger batch is more efficient.

Between work and life, I just don't have the time (or space!!) to add stabilizing YET, so could use a hand on this one. I've dragged my feet too long to ask for a turnaround by Christmas--but that would be awesome if it could be done. Price your time and materials to be fair to yourself--this stuff isn't free. Close to northwest Indiana might help, but with the speed of priority mail most of the continental US is "close".

Thanks,
Earl

I'm sending you a PM, I do stabilizing.

Top Bottom