Selling all my pens - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Trades, Gifts, & Wants > Completed
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2018, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 5

Default Selling all my pens

I have decided to sell all my current pen stock. I have 70 in total ( not including my chessboards and cutting boards). All are highly figured or rare woods and all are CA finish. I have collectors all over the world and have recently shipped one pen to England for $479 and 2 to Saudi Arabia for $177 per pen etc.

I want to try making end grain cutting boards for a while and figure I might just see if someone wants to make me a reasonable offer for all of them and I will ship with some miscellaneous pen kits and top shelf blanks to make it a good deal. I just did quick math and there's over $7,000 in these 70 pens but I'm running a sale right now for a few weeks, the sale price would be closer to 5k but I sell a lot of them outside of this sale too.

Here is a link to my Etsy shop. Let me know if you have an interest. I would be inclined to entertain a conversation for around $3,500 for all 70 pens plus extras. If you have more patience than me, you will make out.

Thanks.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Pensbystephen

Charlotte, North Carolina

Politicians are people who lack the courage for a real job

Last edited by yorkie; 08-08-2018 at 02:09 PM.
yorkie is offline   Top
Old 08-08-2018, 02:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 83

Hello Stephen

Now please do not take this in the wrong way and maybe I am missing something and you can enlighten me. You are asking the people here who are pen makers in their own right for which they joined this site to learn from, to buy your already made pens that you made.??? Then they will have to sell them and what do they tell their customers who made them?? I am sure your work is exceptional but why not offer something on ebay or etsy or craigs list, or another selling site that has nothing to do with the same people who make and create their own works and are trying to sell. we would then open this up to another ebay type thing and have everyone selling pens here. Not sure this is what Jeff had in mind.

Again maybe I am way off base here and for that I apologize but what you are asking does not seem fair. Please do not take offense just pointing somethings out. Oh and I wish you great success with your next adventure.

By the way I did check your etsy page and there are some nice pens there.

Last edited by jttheclockman; 08-08-2018 at 02:46 PM.
jttheclockman is offline   Top
Old 08-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Great looking collection! Thanks for linking to your Etsy. I'd definitely be interested to talk more and will PM you.
DavidD is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2018, 03:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jttheclockman View Post
Hello Stephen

Now please do not take this in the wrong way and maybe I am missing something and you can enlighten me. You are asking the people here who are pen makers in their own right for which they joined this site to learn from, to buy your already made pens that you made.??? Then they will have to sell them and what do they tell their customers who made them?? I am sure your work is exceptional but why not offer something on ebay or etsy or craigs list, or another selling site that has nothing to do with the same people who make and create their own works and are trying to sell. we would then open this up to another ebay type thing and have everyone selling pens here. Not sure this is what Jeff had in mind.

Again maybe I am way off base here and for that I apologize but what you are asking does not seem fair. Please do not take offense just pointing somethings out. Oh and I wish you great success with your next adventure.

By the way I did check your etsy page and there are some nice pens there.
I have typically found that when people say 'don't take this the wrong way', that they actually expect people to take it the wrong way, in which case, is it really worth sharing? Either way, in the spirit of comradery, here is my answer.

I have found some people on here to be pen collectors and pen lovers. It may be that someone on here, I might have been one of them at one point and may be again, just loves a collection of interesting pens. If I had taken advantage of an offer like this, I might have collected them or chosen to sell them on Etsy or another site, not eBay because they want stuff way too cheap, and just simply sell it as a beautiful handcrafted pen, irrespective of who made it. All my pens are made with passion and a dedication to perfection, so I feel confident no one would feel they would be passing along something of a lower standard than they themselves would.

I hope that helps and I thank you for your interesting observations and worthwhile comments.

by the way, John, if you had bought them I might have thrown in some USS New Jersey teak, as I see you are from NJ.

Charlotte, North Carolina

Politicians are people who lack the courage for a real job

Last edited by yorkie; 08-08-2018 at 03:45 PM.
yorkie is offline   Top
Old 08-08-2018, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 83

Stephen thanks for not taking the wrong way and the reason I said that is because lately anything I say here there is someone trolling me. Not sure why these days. But you did answer my question and gave a good reason that I had not thought of. I wish you luck and yes your pens are of quality as I mentioned as I looked through them. It just struck me odd. Maybe there is someone here that will be interested.
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread