Self Centering Pen Vise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramaroodle

Bought this, used it once and decided I like using the lathe better for drilling blanks. But, I tossed the box and instructions the same day they pick up our recycle. Make me a fair offer and I'll pay shipping.

eHyqvK7.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

I probably have the instructions here somewhere--if I find them i'd be happy to scan for your buyer. Mine works well, but I don't use it much any more as I drill most of my blanks on the lathe. But...when I do use the drill press, it's a great tool.
earl

ramaroodle

Thanks. I'm torn about selling it, afraid that as soon as I do I'll wish I hadn't. :) I would probably use it for short blanks.

TonyL

I use a pen vise for drilling on a press (mostly wood) and my lathe mostly for non-woods. You may want to hold on to it.

ramaroodle

I also prefer drilling my blanks on my lathe, however, I use I similar vise with my drill press to square up the ends with a pen mill.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app
I guess I should hold on to it. Different materials favor different methods. I switched from pen mill to sanding because I was getting tearout on some wooden blanks but the mill does a better job on the acrylics it seems. I like the lathe for drilling cuz I can do a full length blank, but for a short blank the vise is quick and easy.

PatrickR

I find them very useful but don't use it for drilling through very much. I leave it set up on a drill press with a centering bit. Hit both ends of a blank to mark center, turn round, then drill through on the lathe using a collet chuck. I get the most consistent results this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom