Rollerball Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

liljohn1368

I have a customer that is wanting a rollerball but wants it in a twist transmission style. Anybody know of a good kit?

Thanks for your help...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Look up Knurl Rollerball. I did a simple conversion of a Knurl GT to Rollerball. I used a Pentel refill that has an ink works in Click and twist pens. Not sure how a higher end Rollerball refill will fair with no cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

MRDucks2

Talked to end user yesterday, a Nurse who has went through the first refill on one of the two pens and no issues with ink drying out or with the twist or spring. Still quite happy.

TonyL

A Parker style ballpoint will accept a parker style gel refill. i have found the mountverde and parker quink gel refills to write just as smoothly (even more wet) than a rollerball. the on;y downside is the the cost; the gel refills are about $4.

MRDucks2

The ones she uses are the Pentel EnerGel .7mm refill. I think she gets a box of 12 for about $12. I expect nursing is one of those professions that they still use a lot of ink. It is a gel with a proprietary ink and "a Rollerball feel" , making me think it is not what the industry considers a true Rollerball. It does have a Rollerball shape to it.

liljohn1368

I talked to the guy about the ink drying so quick. He's decided to go with a sierra style with a parker.. Thanks for the input everybody...

Top Bottom