rebar blanks for Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

once upon a time, someone was selling rebar blanks for the Sierra style pens....are you still out there? If anyone had some they want to unload or makes them to order, please send me a PM!

Thanks
Jon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jon, I can't remember anyone actually selling them as blanks.....in fact, the only one I have ever seen was by Ozzie Peter Penpal. I may be wrong but think he was the first to show one.
Good luck find them:wink:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well you can spread the love in my direction.....I've got bucket loads of cr.. good stuff for you...:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Can one of you help explain the theory of rebar blanks?

I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking, but I will try to give some pertinent info.

A couple years ago, Exotics was getting rebar blanks that were "handmade".
The blankmaker drills out the rebar with a hole that will fit the hardware of the pen you are making. (Often the sierra). As I recall it, ours were all painted flat black. There was no real penmaking, more pen "putting together". But, they sold and I suspect many of the buyers were cement contractors who wanted them as a conversation piece.

I believe we will be selling them again, soon. This is yet another case of "niche marketing". I doubt they will sell in the thousands, but a couple hundred in a population of 360millionish would not surprise me.

Is that what you were asking??
Ed

thewishman

Jon, your thread was almost miraculous in timing. I had made rebar blanks for sale at the MPG in early April. I approached Ed to see if he would carry them, if I were to supply them. He said yes and my schedule finally just got to the right point to start making them available.

larrystephens

Can one of you help explain the theory of rebar blanks?

I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking, but I will try to give some pertinent info.

A couple years ago, Exotics was getting rebar blanks that were "handmade".
The blankmaker drills out the rebar with a hole that will fit the hardware of the pen you are making. (Often the sierra). As I recall it, ours were all painted flat black. There was no real penmaking, more pen "putting together". But, they sold and I suspect many of the buyers were cement contractors who wanted them as a conversation piece.

I believe we will be selling them again, soon. This is yet another case of "niche marketing". I doubt they will sell in the thousands, but a couple hundred in a population of 360millionish would not surprise me.

Is that what you were asking??
Ed

Perfect, now I understand. Since Broadwell calls us all "stick drillers" anyway, the rebar blank is the perfect personification of pen putting together without the bother of "stick drilling".

Top Bottom