Dogwood Turning Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lhowell

I have an idea for a few pens using my State's "official" tree, the Dogwood but apparently blanks are harder to come by than I thought. Does anyone have and willing to part with (for a fee or trade) or know where to find some Dogwood pen blanks? Thank you!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

Dogwood trees are very common in your area. Watch for land being cleared for construction or check with a few of your local tree cutting services. You would need to process it and let it dry but hey .... if you can't find it anywhere else.

southernclay

If Keith doesn't have any let me know, I'm pretty sure I've got some pretty spalted dogwood. I made a few bottle stoppers with it for the family who's land it came off of. It ideally would be stabilized which I can't do currently. On the bottle stoppers I sanded with CA at the end to correct tearout and finished nicely.

keithlong

I found 3 spalted dogwood blanks, if these will help you out, pm me your address and I will put them in the mail tomorrow. I have recieved my share of help from the good folks on here, so it is time to pay it forward a little.

OklaTurner

I need three as well. A USAF general is from Virginia and is getting a promotion. I've been commissioned to do a pen for him.

Top Bottom