Christmas blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacrapelje

Hi guys,

I have three groups of wood that would be great for some Christmas presents. Pictures are not great but money back guarantee on all blanks. The cell phone photos are not great sorry.

First group is three jumbo amboyna burl blanks that are 7/8 x 9 inches long so you should be able to get 6 blanks out of these. One has a crack at one end but could be filled with CA, resin or stone. $40

Second, a group of 6 stablized spalted maple burl and 3 buckeye burl. One of the maple burls needs to be cut in half. Sizes range from 7/8 to 5/8 but all are about 5+ inches long. $45

Finally, a group of HRB blanks, two 7/8 and two 3/4. These are really unique blanks that have this awesome black line going through some of the blanks making a really interesting pattern. I have cut a lot of HRB and this is extremely rare. $50.

Attachments

• amboyna p1.jpg
    amboyna p1.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 227
  • amboyna p2.jpg
    amboyna p2.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 210
  • stabilized group.jpg
    stabilized group.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 231
  • hrb 1.jpg
    hrb 1.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 239
  • hrb p2.jpg
    hrb p2.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I am interested in the Amboyna also.

Isaac, do you have a picture of the crack with dimensions (length and width) please

isaacrapelje

crack kills

Here are some pictures of the crack on one of the amboyna blanks. It is a surface/hairline crack it is at one end and goes about 3 1/2 inches in on one side and about 1 inch on the other...all approximate measurements. The blanks are cut for over 8 years so they are dry and stable. Can't get this quality of amboyna for the price.

Attachments

• crack 4.JPG
    crack 4.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 173
  • crack1.JPG
    crack1.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 154
  • crack 3.JPG
    crack 3.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 150

magpens

Thanks for posting the crack pictures, Isaac. . I think I will pass up the Amboyna ... or, said another way, pass over to Rich.

I will send you payment for the 4 HRB blanks and associated shipping. . Thanks again.

EDIT: . Money sent. . Thank you Isaac.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom