Bushing set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

corks58

I really need an old bushing set. Its not in production any more that I can find, its for the Designer Twist Pencil NT series. The PSI number is PKMONT3-BU.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
One option is to use any bushing set for an 8mm kit that you might have on hand. Check the dimensions with a digital caliper to get an idea of how much more or less that you need to turn down. When you get close, stop the lathe & check your progress until you get it turned to size.

You can also make your own bushings. Any scrap hardwood will work if you don't need to turn a lot of these kits. Corian would be more durable if you need it to last longer.

You could also turn between centers without bushings & just use calipers.

corks58

Guess this is a good time to step up and go without bushings!! Been thinking about it for awhile now and I just might take this as an omen.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
If you wind up turning between centers without bushings, be careful not to tighten the tailstock too much so you don't flare out the tubes and possibly crack the blank.

corks58

No that's not it. I did make a temporary set and got the one I was commissioned to make, actually it was a pen/pencil set. Tracey at WoodNWhimsies had a set and it is on the way along with a few more things. She is really great to work with and doesn't hesitate to call even to Alaska a few times a day!!! All that and her husband just had surgery and the hired help is on vacation so she is doing the whole thing by herself.

Dan

Dan

Top Bottom