Borrow nice light for MPG?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

This weekend, I'm selling some blanks at the MPG and do not have a decent display light or two. I want to show off some sparkly materials and some nice patterns - but I don't want to get into craft shows in the future.

I'll pay for the use of the lights - cash, blanks, or both.

Yes, this is short notice, so anyone responding would probably have to be in Ohio, or coming to the MPG.:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Thanks, Steve! Your offer has now become my backup plan.:)

I'm not really sure exactly what I need - a light that can be aimed down at a place on the table, while not directing the light up in people's faces. A desk lamp might work.

I'm kinda like a blind squirrel trying to find a nut.

chartle

I know you are looking to borrow but for the future this light from IKEA is probably what you are looking for and is very cheap. It also comes in a few colors that may work better to fade away in your display.

JANSJÖ LED work lamp - black - IKEA

or the clamp version

JANSJÖ LED wall/clamp spotlight - black - IKEA

It gives you a brilliant white spot light. I've also seen a lot of turners use them especially when they use the light shinning though the wood to gauge thickness. I saw one at a hat turning demo and drove right to IKEA to buy one.

I've also seen where you replace the base with a cheap magnetic indicator base to one so you can stick anywhere there is a metal surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6JkUO8AHOQ

Attachments

• jansjo-led-work-lamp-black__0098927_PE240312_S4.JPG
    jansjo-led-work-lamp-black__0098927_PE240312_S4.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 106
  • jansjo-led-wall-clamp-spotlight-black__0375168_PE553842_S4.JPG
    jansjo-led-wall-clamp-spotlight-black__0375168_PE553842_S4.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Top Bottom