Borrow or Buy 37/64" drill bit- Twin Cities

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PSNCO

Just bought a couple Majestic kits from Rockler. However, Rockler doesn't carry a 37/64" drill bit in their store and didn't see one on Woodcraft's site.

I wanted to get these kits drilled this weekend.

Anyone in the Twin Cities area have a 37/64th bit I can borrow or buy this weekend? Either borrowing or buying, I'm more than willing to compensate with some of my PR blanks I pour or some pen kit(s).

Mark

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

If there is a Grainger store in your local area, you can get that drill bit from them. They can usually have it available for the next day if it is not in the store.

jttheclockman

Go to the next size smaller and roll a piece of sandpaper around a dowel and sand to correct size. This is an example of having a complete set of numbered and lettered drill bits. It can get the job done when in a bind.

Does make you wonder why these pen companies have to make things with such tight tolerances when it comes to tubes and things. No standards. Can not see why there can not be standard sizes. Everyone wants a piece of the action thus costing us more money.:rolleyes:

KenV

John

The three "biggies" (35, 37, and 39 64ths of an inch) are well above the 1/2 inch max (32/64) of the sets. There are a few sets that span the 1/2 to 1 inch range but lots of money for three big bits.

They do not exceed the max size for my drill doctor so I can sharpen many times.

jttheclockman

John

The three "biggies" (35, 37, and 39 64ths of an inch) are well above the 1/2 inch max (32/64) of the sets. There are a few sets that span the 1/2 to 1 inch range but lots of money for three big bits.

They do not exceed the max size for my drill doctor so I can sharpen many times.

Oh I guess I am a lucky guy then. Forget my comments and carry on. :):)

PSNCO

Doug came through and it turned out to be a great trip!

Doug gave me a half dozen chunks/logs of various species of wood to cut down into blanks. THANK YOU DOUG!

Then I head over to Rockler to pick up a couple things and Rockler had a parking lot swap/ sale meet in their parking lot for people to sell tools and material.

I picked up:

2x2x6 block of nice Amboyna for $2.50
2x2x4 block of Olive wood $2
4x4x4 block of some dark maroon/black wood $2
5 Ancient Bog Oak and 12 dyed buckeye pen blanks $6.50
a 5"x12"x6" black ash burl cap $3
5 PSI acrylic pen stands $4

Not a bad day!

Missed out on a PSI Pen Press for $2.50 and a 3x3x8 piece of Amboyna for $5 from the same guy.

Top Bottom