1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 6" acrylic/corian blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Parshooter11

Hi!! Making some light pulls....can find a few acrylic blanks of 1.5 x 1.5 x 6"..(I can make two pulls from that length)...not much selection in colors for acrylic no matter what I've been able to see through various sites.
I assume corian would work well....but where would be a source of the multitude of corian colors in the 1.5 x 1.5 x 6" blanks?? Thanks for anyone's help!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As far as I know, corian does not come in thickness greater than 3/4"--you would have to do a glue up.

Many of the corian patterns glue up nearly seamlessly. CA (superglue) worked well for me.

Terredax

Banned
As far as I know, corian does not come in thickness greater than 3/4"--you would have to do a glue up.

Many of the corian patterns glue up nearly seamlessly. CA (superglue) worked well for me.

Ed... there are a couple of companies that make solid surface thicker than 3/4". Although, the price would be prohibitive for light pulls, and there are minimums with most companies. The shipping alone will drain the bank account.
I'll see if I can find the name of the one company we have used in the past.

Parshooter11

Thanks, Ed!! Somehow I missed Exotic Blanks..that has the most choices I've seen. Also, on the glue up of the corian...do you know a supplier of that 3/4 corian size?
Much appreciated, Folks!!

Terredax

Banned
EOS is one company that manufactures 1-1/4" thick solid surface.
They have samples available to purchase. The full size samples in all colors is $25.00 I believe, or they are $5.00 each.

Terredax

Banned
Super, Terredax!! GREAT info...thanks!

I see you are located in FL.
There is a distributor in Orlando that carries 3/4" solid surface. You may want to contact them to see if they can help you with what your looking for.

The name of the company is Maxstone International.
Good luck with your search.

CrashmanS

Look up coutertop installers. They always have cutoffs and sink cutouts available. I have been getting mine for a few pens or turnings. They let me look through what they have I the scrap pile. But this again, would need glued up to your desired thickness.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

al_medlock

Look for cabinet makers near by. I get all the 1/2" and 1 1/4" corian/solid surface I can handle for free! sink cut outs, end pieces and samples all stuff that they throw away!

Top Bottom