Jeer Woodcraft Manchester CT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

raar25

:mad:This is two part first, the quality of the bushings for sale at woodcraft stinks. I have bought bushings from WC on many occasions to only find they are way off. The Sedona bushings I bought this weekend were .010" too large. I now always bring my IAP chart and calipers with me when I have to buy bushings.

Second part is when I told the store manager he said "oh well it happens" and made no attempt to help. Since it was the last set of bushings I had no choice but to buy them and bring them home and rework them. Oh I sliced my finger in the process which was just icing on the cake.

So make sure you check your wood craft bushings and if you live in the CT area dont bother with the Manchester store. Springfield MA is 40 miles away but at least they have a clue.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yep, they are all somewhat different

True enough, from all I've heard the one in Wilmington DE is great. All kinds of classes, excellent communications when you talk to them and on and on. All good reports.

mtassie

I go to the Manchester store and I've had some guys show an interest and others just haven't a clue. They definitely don't have a lot of knowledge about the pen stuff. It's to bad it's a nice store and we'll organized. I usually go there when I need something quick

Mike Powell

I have to go 2 1/2 hours to Wood Craft at the moment. But the store in Jacksonville, there is only one person I will talk to. He is a pen turner, and has always been great help to me. When my wife went in, while I was deployed, she put me on speaker phone and he talked her through everything I was wanting for Christmas, walked her around the store, picked up everything she was asking for and even suggested stuff to save money on purchases.

I hope the WC on the Beltway and HWY 59 in Houston is just as good. Anyone have any comments about them?

Rockytime

Yesterday I went to the Denver WC store. For me it was a 40 minute down a crowded Interstate on my trike. Being a newbie I was somewhat overwhelmed by the selection. I purchased a carbide skew and carbide gouge. Then poking around I purchased three discounted kits. Two were discounted 30 & 50%, the third was full price at $10.59. Today I opened all three today and discovered all three kits were a mish mash of parts. Parts were missing, some parts were from other kits. One kit had one bushing.It was just a jumble of parts. The price won't break the bank but the inconvenience is irritating. Mailorder is more convenient and I avoid the sales tax which probably equaled the shipping.

The kits are labeled: Flat Top/American Double Twist Pen. One of the kits is listed as satin finish but has both satin and chrome parts. Anyone able to identify the kit and tell me where I can find the instructions. I don't even know what the pen should look like. I think I made a GROSS amateur error. I think I will end up making some kind of free style thingy.

Thanks, Les

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yesterday I went to the Denver WC store. For me it was a 40 minute down a crowded Interstate on my trike. Being a newbie I was somewhat overwhelmed by the selection. I purchased a carbide skew and carbide gouge. Then poking around I purchased three discounted kits. Two were discounted 30 & 50%, the third was full price at $10.59. Today I opened all three today and discovered all three kits were a mish mash of parts. Parts were missing, some parts were from other kits. One kit had one bushing.It was just a jumble of parts. The price won't break the bank but the inconvenience is irritating. Mailorder is more convenient and I avoid the sales tax which probably equaled the shipping.

The kits are labeled: Flat Top/American Double Twist Pen. One of the kits is listed as satin finish but has both satin and chrome parts. Anyone able to identify the kit and tell me where I can find the instructions. I don't even know what the pen should look like. I think I made a GROSS amateur error. I think I will end up making some kind of free style thingy.

Thanks, Les
Flat Top American double twist pen is a Berea kit and you can find instructions at their site. I also think Lee Valley has this kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom