Cheer Woodcraft

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

edicehouse

Very little is talked about Woodcraft on here, however a while ago I got a low speed grinder, and it had sat in the box ever since. I would rather not say how long ago, but I assure you it was past the time for them to take it back. Sunday I got a wild hair, or more accurately I noticed it sitting under a couple things, and decided to set it up. Not so long story short, it was barely rotating, and WC swapped it out.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hcpens

I have often emailed my local store, because it is on the other side of town, a question about in store inventory. The manager has always responded in a day and will hold for me or tell me when it arrives from their warehouse. I had them bring in a on-line order for me without extra shipping. Great store and manager in San Antonio, Tx.

SeahawkBeau

I work at woodcraft part-time, one day a week. I know our manager will do just about anything to keep the customers happy. It's all about customer service. We will spend more time working with a customer and their problems then trying to sell them something. If we don't have what they are looking for we will find a place for them to get it. Our manager and crew are great and alot of fun to work with and the employee discount isn't bad either.

JimB

My local Woodcraft is great as well. They are always willing to answer questions and are never in a rush. They never make me feel like they are just trying to sell me something.

Curly

Apart from providing a place for the MAPG to have their annual gathering. They were nice enough to hold 2 SawStop blade brakes for me for a couple weeks until we got there a couple years ago to pay for them.

oldtoolsniper

I enjoy being sent to the "guy who does that" when I ask a question. I like the fact that they will allow you to see most of the tools in a demonstration. I've had them open the package and lay it out on the bench to explain the function of each part to me. I've also been told to leave a tool I was considering and why.

Yes, I enjoy my trips to woodcraft unfortunately it's 130 mile one way for me. I do get there every couple of months.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Bikerdad

My main problem with Woodcraft is the closest one is 20 miles away. The next closest is about 400 miles away. I don't complain too much though, because when I lived in Vegas the closest one was 200+ miles away....

JodyS

My local Woodcraft is great as well. They are always willing to answer questions and are never in a rush. They never make me feel like they are just trying to sell me something.

Jim - where is the woodcraft in Rochester? That's my "home hunting ground" so it's always good to know where the specialty stores are. I grew up in Bristol, finished High school in Pittsford-Brighton, and my parents both live a little farther south (Prattsburgh) so I visit up there about annually.

Jody

JimB

Jim - where is the woodcraft in Rochester? That's my "home hunting ground" so it's always good to know where the specialty stores are. I grew up in Bristol, finished High school in Pittsford-Brighton, and my parents both live a little farther south (Prattsburgh) so I visit up there about annually.

Jody

Jody - it's in Henrietta on Jefferson Rd at the corner of East Henrietta Rd. When I started turning I knew absolutely nothing. One of their employees spent time explaining things to me. I would go in there on a regular basis and get feedback from him on my latest pen. I was a slow learner and needed the help and encouragement. Great store!

MTViper

My closest Woodcraft is in Hurst, TX 140 miles away. It used to be in Ft Worth which is only 125 miles away. I'm there every 1-2 months. I bought my lathe (Jet 1642) and table saw (Sawstop) from them. Took turning lessons there, too. I can't say enough good things about them. That's why I keep going back. They remember me when i walk in the door and that means a lot, too.

My local Woodcraft (Chandler/Phoenix AZ) is great too. It's an hour away, and they held a Rikon lathe for me when it went on sale. They even refused to let me help load it in my truck. They're always happy to give advice or just talk shop. It's a great store with great employees, I always look forward to my trips there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom