William Wood-Write

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

larryc

I was very disappointed when I tried to place an order with William Wood-Write yesterday.
I have been very satisfied with his products and service but it seems he no longer sells outside of Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I was very disappointed when I tried to place an order with William Wood-Write yesterday.
I have been very satisfied with his products and service but it seems he no longer sells outside of Canada.

Shipping

April 3, 2016: Please note that effective immediately, William Wood-Write Ltd only ships orders to addresses in Canada. The high cost of shipping outside of Canada does not let us provide the level of after sales service that our customers expect and deserve to receive. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Shipping information for customers in Canada

William Wood-Write Ltd. aims to ship within 24 hours of an order being placed on regular business days, Monday to Friday. Orders placed on the weekend or statutory holidays will be shipped as soon as possible on the next available business days. During busy periods, this may take a bit longer, but we'll still work hard to make sure your order gets on its way to you as quickly as possible. Please note orders are processed sequentially - we fill them in the order in which they are received.

In Canada, we offer Canada Post Expedited and XpressPost service, as well as FedEx Ground, FedEx Express 2 Day and FedEx Express Priority Overnight shipping options. If you choose any FedEx service, you MUST supply a street address as FedEx does not deliver to PO Boxes.

All shipping rates quoted on the site are based on parcel weight and destination. Shipping rates are calculated automatically by either the Canada Post or FedEx real-time shipping calculators when you are checking out, according to the total weight of the items in your order and the address to which you're having them shipped.

Please note both Canada Post and FedEx delivery times are estimates only, provided by the carriers at the time an order is placed. They are limited to business days (Monday - Friday, not including statutory holidays) only and start from the day your package is picked up from William Wood-Write Ltd.

William Wood-Write Ltd. has no control over the speed or quality of shipping services provided by the carriers and is subject to their specified service terms and conditions.

The above taken directly from their site.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
International shipping is more difficult (customs forms), takes more time (clearing customs), and more often requires follow up (customer wants to know where the package is, when it does not arrive (usually in customs, with no real ability to track from domestic mail). The mail service is the least expensive, but still costly, which many customers blame on the vendor.

If there is a mistake, the cost of "fixing" it usually exceeds any profit. I can sure understand William Wood-Wright's decision.

larryc

I'm not faulting him for a business decision. It was just that I had received an email from him about a product I wanted only to find out I couldn't buy it.

Curly

I'm not faulting him for a business decision. It was just that I had received an email from him about a product I wanted only to find out I couldn't buy it.

How would that be any different than PSI sending emails to Canadians and foreign buyers offering discounts that are only applicable to US citizens. There are lots of US companies that won't ship north of the border as do many of you selling in the classified section. We don't care for the lack of service to us nor the 2 to 4 weeks packages take to get here but we aren't badmouthing people for systems they can't control. Bill and Lillian made a decision not to ship to the US because of costs and to some extent being ripped off by customers claiming they never got their order. Should they have continued as before and lost money along with their reputation?

I think your jeer is unfounded but you have the right to make it.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'm of the opinion you could have easily posted this in "Casual Conversation" as a piece of information that others might be interested in rather than as a Jeer!

JimB

I don't understand why you are posting a Jeer if the only issue is they don't ship international any more. If this is the case you would be Jeering many vendors on here.

edstreet

Truth of the mater is if the buyer is not in the same town, close by you then they can be considered 'foreign', as shipping will have to be incurred.

In the modern digital age where we can email around the world with out charges we can obtain goods from around the world fairly easy. If a vendor wishes to cut ties with foreign orders then that is their right to do so, however it may not be a sane or rational reasoning.

Theft or loss control is a good reason not to ship, also the length of time is rather interesting as well considering I can buy from a vendor I use in Japan and arrives faster than a shipment from the neighboring state, AND be cheaper, AND arrive faster than the neighboring state order.

Having said that cost of shipping is also a minefield to navigate as there are serious inflated cost going into many nations. As for time delays consider this. It takes 5+ days to get a shipment from California to Georgia; Same time to get a package from Georiga to England; Same time to get a package from Australia to Georgia.

magpens

The information in the OP above should not be posted as a jeer.

I would encourage the poster to request an administrator to alter the title of this post and the posting category.

It is true that I live in Canada. . I believe that William Wood-Write deserves an A+++++ rating for the quality of their service and support. . I have no hesitation in saying that I am confident that they offered the same quality service to ALL of their customers before they found it necessary to change their shipping policy. I am also quite sure that Bill and Lilian found it EXTREMELY difficult to come to that decision.

Thank you, Bill and Lilian, for your excellence.

Last edited:

magpens

Like Mack, above, I also would be happy to act as an intermediary should there be anyone in the US wanting to make a purchase from William Wood-Write.

Last edited:

magpens

And a special plea to Ed Brown regarding his comments above ....

please do not change YOUR shipping policy !!!

Dawn and Ed deserve an A+++++ rating for the quality of their service and support, too.

I would be hard pressed to get the satisfaction I do get from this pen-turning hobby if I were unable to get shipments from ExoticBlanks. Thank you Dawn and Ed.

Last edited:

larryc

One further comment. I also have an internet based business and I have some Canadian customers. Yeah, it's a pain but I have to take the package to the post office and fill out a customs form. But I do it because they are customers!

Charlie_W

I wasn't aware that WW had changed their shipping policy. I will say that in the past, I have had nothing but superb service! Orders were correct, complete and shipped out very promptly!
Business folks do have to make business decisions. I don't fault them for that.
I wish them well and continued success as they continue to provide merchandise and top notch service to the penturning community.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
And a special plea to Ed Brown regarding his comments above ....

please do not change YOUR shipping policy !!!

Dawn and Ed deserve an A+++++ rating for the quality of their service and support, too.

I would be hard pressed to get the satisfaction I do get from this pen-turning hobby if I were unable to get shipments from ExoticBlanks. Thank you Dawn and Ed.

On the whole, we find Canadians are much easier to deal with than most "internationals". Also, the tracking in Canada through the USPS is better than most of the world.

Of course, for us the USA is "domestic". But we perform much more "customer service" in the USA---I can sure understand the cost of customer support would be prohibitive if we were shipping from Canada. Although I don't know William and Lillian, all I have heard about them is complimentary. I wish them continued success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom