Very fast delivery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

08K.80

I asked about Timberbits and everyone had only good things to say. So, I placed an order with them late Sunday evening and the package arrived at my door a little after noon today. That is less than three days! I can't even get domestic shipments that quick.

Very fast shipping and very good prices.

I will definately be going back!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

We place an order today and the vendor packs and ships the same day.
The package arrives two or three days later and we sing praises to the vendor.

We place and order today and the vendor packs and ships the same day and the package arrives 5 or 6 days later and we bash the vendor for slow shipping.

I wonder if our vendors really have any control on a package after they ship it...after is leaves their hands?

Praising them is OK but often we bash them a bit too soon. Just saying.

I have no complaints about any vendors, their shipping, their prices or customer service.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Last edited:

08K.80

I wasn't bashing anyone. I'm sorry if you took it that way. I was just stating that when I order something (I order from a LOT of different places and they mostly have nothing to do with this hobby) from a US company, they often take three days just to get it shipped.

I was just very impressed after a few people said it took three weeks to get their order from Timberbits. This was what I was expecting.

I won't say anything about any companies, their service, shipping, products or prices in the future. I'm sorry for upsetting you and any other person that thought I bashed a company or companies.

its_virgil

You read my post totally wrong. I was not upset with your post. I did not say you were bashing anyone. How can 3 day delivery from Australia be bashable? Heck, I wouldn't even consider 3 weeks from Australia to be bad at all. I did not take it the wrong way. I totally understood you were praising the vendor for quick delivery. You can say whatever you want about any vendors, their service, shipping or products. I don't think anyone was upset with your post. Cheers and jeers is what this forum is about.

Really, I was not upset with your post. I was only stating an observance and in no way was I attacking you. Sorry for the confusion I caused. I don't want to squash your posting. Post away.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I wasn't bashing anyone. I'm sorry if you took it that way. I was just stating that when I order something (I order from a LOT of different places and they mostly have nothing to do with this hobby) from a US company, they often take three days just to get it shipped.

I was just very impressed after a few people said it took three weeks to get their order from Timberbits. This was what I was expecting.

I won't say anything about any companies, their service, shipping, products or prices in the future. I'm sorry for upsetting you and any other person that thought I bashed a company or companies.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Just an Observation

In most instances the only influence a vendor has on how fast you get delivery is how long it takes the vendor to get the package in the hands of the carrier. After that it is entirely the carrier.

I think that Dave (timberbits) has told me that the shipping from Australia is low cost because that nation has a great deal more inbound air cargo traffic than outbound. i.e. empty airplanes the carriers have pressure and can offer incentives just to get some cargo in their planes so they don't have to fly empty.

I wish I could ship to Oz as cheap as Dave can ship here - unfortunately for me and fortunately for Dave I can't.

Lenny

As I was one who, in another thread, made the statement to "just be aware" that shipping can take up to 3 weeks, I want to clarify that I was not complaining about Timberbits, In fact I praise their service. I realize shipping, especially International shipping, can introduce many variables of which the shipper has no control over.

I do think it is relevant though, to make people aware, especially when there are so many posting how they received their package within three days, that it isn't always going to work that way!

08K.80

I guess what I should have posted was...

Thank you Timberbits for my order.
Happy customer. Cheer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom