Jeer UPS Freight Pro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

SDB777

Took advantage of a 'sale' at Woodcraft(I would like to insert here, this is not a "Jeer" against Woodcraft) on the Nova 1624-44 lathe...hey, it's $500 off!

The lathe travelled from Woodcraft to Little Rock UPS Freight Pro without issue(according to the tracking information). But that is where everything stopped happening the way it was supposed to happen.

♦Thursday afternoon received a call from 'dispatcher' requesting time for delivery.
(I told the dispatcher that the road I live on is a dead-end, three times...and for them not to put it on a truck that couldn't turn-around in a cul-da-sac. Note was made to use a small drop gate truck. The delivery was set for 'sometime' before 2pm on Friday)

♦Friday at 11:30am the delivery driver calls. He is in a 48' 18-wheeled semi and can not delivery to me! Freight weighs 360lbs!!
(I called dispatch and asked what they were going to do to get my delivery to my door as I had paid for. The dispatcher "Doug" told me to go purchase a larger truck and come and get it....what the _____ !!! His boss didn't see that as very funny and then guaranteed my delivery would be at my home between 3 and 5pm)

♦Friday at 8:50pm, I finally get someone to answer the phone and not immediately put me on hold.
(Sorry, we couldn't delivery today. Sorry, we didn't bother to call you and let you know what happened. But it will be delivered tomorrow before noon!)

♦Saturday at 11:30, started calling dispatch....no answer!
♦Saturday at 11:50, got the drivers' personal cell, called it.
(Fella that answered said no one was asked/scheduled to come in today and make deliveries. He also told me it was a common practice to lie repeatedly to customers to get them off the phones....sorry)

♦Saturday at noon, Woodcraft made aware of everything that happened above. Nothing can be done now of course.... I'll have to wait until her bosses come in on Monday to find out what can be done. My account at Woodcraft has been changed to show I will not be receiving anything from UPS anymore(very cool with me)....and I can't thank the gal enough at Woodcraft!!!

So, there you have it....I was fed a giant 'suckpill' for the last two days by a shipping company that could careless about people or there 'items'.

I will not shop at companies that use this method of shipment(unless they offer another way to get the product to me). Nor will I use this company to ship my products to customers.

I may not matter much in the world, but my wallet might just a little....

Scott (buyers beware of UPS) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Finatic

I would be writing to the corporate office and not the local distribution center. Everybody at the local level is covering each others butt. Corporate will shake the tree. I just had a problem with a shipment to MA. The center there had it straightened out and corrected within an hour. They even sent out another truck to deliver the package.
With your complaint, I would certainly go right to the top.
Good Luck.

SDB777

No one answering at the 'main office', sent them an email....one(1) business day response time?

I'm thinking Woodcraft will have 'impact' with their 'agent of choice'?

I know when there was a problem for one of my customers, I was standing in front of the Postmaster here in town...he was held accountable, and action was taken while I stood there.

Scott (pretty disappointed with it all) B

lorbay

UPS are A holes. If you get stuff shipped to Canada by them you will have to take out a 2 nd morgatge out on your house. USPS is the best way to have things shipped here.

Lin.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
UPS are A holes. If you get stuff shipped to Canada by them you will have to take out a 2 nd morgatge out on your house. USPS is the best way to have things shipped here.

Lin.

Just so you know - FedEx isn't much better....I gave them a shot....

The only difference is that UPS gives you the bill upon delivery - FedEx sends it to you a few weeks later, so you're both upset AND surprised by the huge fees.

SDB777

Lin.

Just so you know - FedEx isn't much better....I gave them a shot....

The only difference is that UPS gives you the bill upon delivery - FedEx sends it to you a few weeks later, so you're both upset AND surprised by the huge fees.

But at least you get your 'stuff'....

Scott (Walleyes biting yet?) B

hcpens

Several vendors will ship UPS shipping, then UPS will turn-a-round and send items to USPS, which adds a day to the Guaranteed 2 day shipping time, and neither of the company's cared about giving me a refund. I now go with FedEx or USPS directly, or send the local Chamber of Commerce and BBB an e-mail.

stonepecker

"What can Brown do to you?"

I never use UPS. USPS is how I ship thing that a local shipper (SpeeDee) doesn't handle. AND on those very rare times I need a little more 'handling care'....FedEx.

My packages are in everyones hands. More important, My name is on everyones lips. When I ship FedEx.....I have the office manager handle everything. The local office is just 1.4 miles from my home. I walk things in. I explain to the manager what I expect. He tells me what it is going to cost and we BOTH know what to expect if it doesn't go the way we have agreed on.

Only ONCE has there been a problem. But like the manager said "Once is twice to much." That is why I deal with Him. It is a small shop so easier to get to the man in charge.

winterwood

My son ordered an air cleaner from Woodcraft...............wouldn't you know it was shipped UPS. It was in rough shape and sounded like a lawn mower when turned on, so he needs to return it, "what a pain in the arse".
Dennis

Carl Fisher

I loathe UPS.

I've had numerous dealings with their corporate offices after some rants I posted on twitter and facebook. They actually approached me the first time to open a case against the driver who threw the package at my door from 15 feet away and left without ever ringing the bell. I was sitting in my office with a clear view of the whole thing through the window.

They do a better job of destroying boxes than any other carrier I've ever dealt with. Some say FedEx isn't much better, but I've always had much better luck with them than UPS.

USPS is great for small packages but as soon as it's over a certain weight or size they kill you on pricing because they really just don't want to deal with odd size/shape/weight packages.

glen r

Shipping from the US to Canada by UPS gives them a license to steal. Their shipping, brokerage, handling & other costs are out of this world. I'm at the point now where if the Vendor will not ship any other way than UPS I advise them that I will not be purchasing from them. Most find another way to get the merchandise to me. It seems that UPS has outlets close to most industrial areas and these are allot handier than FedX or USPS.

Sawdust1825

HCPENS usually it is USPS that hands it off to UPS or Fedex. As for the failed delivery, your kidding yourself if you think that only UPS is louasy at it. We receive a lot of freight and it's not unusual no matter whose logo is on the truck door to have them fail to deliver even after calling to schedule delivery. My dust collector wasn't delivered by Saia after they made an appointment. Honestly I would say this was probably Woodcrafts mess. I don't see many trucks making deliveries with anything less than a 45 -53 ft trailer. They want the volume. I would be doubtful if UPS or Fedex would have any short trailers for local deliveries except for some select city delivery areas.

SDB777

Well, it finally showed up. Had to make a note on the delivery paperwork that the box was crushed in the center.
Took the camera out and started taking photos as the box was opened. Knew it wasnt goin to be good, but I never thought it could be this bad! The control unit for the motor is crushed and the steel casing on the cooling side is bent and scratched to the point I am not going to plug it in.

Calling Woodcraft this morning to let the customer service people handle it now.

Scott (UPS made my day chitty) B

Wingdoctor

Scott, several years ago I shipped $600 worth of saddle bag lids for a Honda Gold Wing from Columbus, Ohio to a painter in Paris, Kentucky. They were insured for full value. My painter was to paint murals on the lids and I was going to ride down to pick them up. Three weeks later I called and he said the package never arrived. I immediately called UPS and go the run around for a while and finally a supervisor said he would check and get back to me. He called back and said he talked to the driver and he said that he delivered them to Charlie Bussard, my painter. Charlie again says he never received them. Back to UPS and we went around again. An hour later Charlie calls and says he has found out where the lids are. UPS delivered them to a motorcycle chrome shop in Paris and they thought that Charlie was going to pick them up there. UPS delivered them to the wrong business and never even apologized. Yes, as said, they have brown trucks and uniforms for a reason.

SDB777

WOW, that sucks. I wonder if that's why they put off delivery.

My first thought......

I called Woodcraft this morning. Karen at customer service started working on it. One hour later, I received a phone message(I was at work trimming dead trees on the roadside). She sent a message to a 'higher up', and got the ball rolling!
A package will be sent from Florida via FedEx Ground(notice, no UPS). They pulled a new motor from the 'line', tested it, and packaged it. Still waiting to hear if I need to send the crushed motor somewhere. Figure I'll find out that information tomorrow, one-way or the other.

The rest of the lathe is together.

Scott (seeing other share their UPS horror...I feel it's normal practice for them) B

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Good to see that at least woodcraft seems to be on the ball, and actively working to quickly remedy the situation. Do keep us posted.

rblakemore

My son used my lathe a few times this spring (a Jet mide - 12/21) and said it was too small, so he ordered the same lathe from WC after we went to the local WC in SW Houston. He ordered and had it shipped to his house in Madison, Alabama. Fortunately he had no problems; but, PSI uses UPS and it always seems slow. USPS and FEDEX seem faster.

SDB777

FedEx should be showing up tomorrow with a new tested motor from assembly line.

I'll try calling Woodcraft tomorrow to find out what to do with the 'bad' motor, I hope they want it back to try to 'salvage' whatever they can.

Scott (fingers crossed) B

SDB777

Motor arrived. FedEx Home Delivery carried it right to me.

The motor did not have the mounting bracket installed, but that was easy enough to fix. About one hour after the motor arrived, I had the new motor on the lathe and the old crunched motor in the box!

Fired up the lathe and started spinning timber.

Scott (nightmare = UPS) B

Ambidex

HCPENS usually it is USPS that hands it off to UPS or Fedex. As for the failed delivery, your kidding yourself if you think that only UPS is louasy at it. We receive a lot of freight and it's not unusual no matter whose logo is on the truck door to have them fail to deliver even after calling to schedule delivery. My dust collector wasn't delivered by Saia after they made an appointment. Honestly I would say this was probably Woodcrafts mess. I don't see many trucks making deliveries with anything less than a 45 -53 ft trailer. They want the volume. I would be doubtful if UPS or Fedex would have any short trailers for local deliveries except for some select city delivery areas.

Your first statement is totally incorrect. USPS does NOT hand anything over to ups or fedex...Period. As a postal carrier of over 30 years I know of what I speak...Period..And Scott, glad you finally got it going!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom