Jeer TurnTex Woodworks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pensbydesign

Steve,

My lead times on chambers was stated at 4 weeks at the time but my lead times on Juice was probably 7 days if I recall correctly so you had a right to be upset about the one month delay in delivery. Besides, when a customer is upset about something, I try to go way above and beyond, even if I do not feel completely in the wrong. You were unhappy so I did not feel like I earned your business on that order so I refunded your money and shipped anyway. Here is the Paypal screen showing the dates as stated above just to show I am providing factual information.

View attachment 106717

don't agree with you dates we had this discussion then about dates and if you remember you admitted the order was in limbo somewhere between paypal and your site. dates don't change the problem. i made a order was told a time line. time line past. made many emails pms thou iap, no response at at all until a dispute with pay pal was filed. during this time i was left with no idea what was happening , if it was lost in shipping, stolen, missing order. or just ripped off. that's the point that i trying to get across.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leaycraft

Looks like this discussion has now come full circle - I think everyone has had an opportunity to espouse their point of view. I would not like to see this denigrate into name calling and hard feelings. Both sides seem to have an agreement to agree to disagree on points and th vendor has apologized and is making appropriate remediation.
Lets lock this down and get fact to turning.

bcowin

I'd like to make one suggestion, Curtis, that might save you some time talking with customers about pending orders. On your website, where you list the wait time, why not also indicate the order date of the item most recent shipped? Then OCD folks like me won't worry that something is wrong with our orders and email or call you. The less time you have to spend telling us individually that we're in the queue, the more time you have to actually fill the order. :)

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Betty,

Thank you for the great suggestion! I would love to do that but my software won't do it as is and would be a technical nightmare to try to incorporate. I could do it manually but that would be a real task to try to keep up with.

My helper and I had a good talk Thursday and came up with a plan. We are making a large "scoreboard" for the shop with days of the week shown on it. We have decided it is our goal to SHIP at least 5 chambers per day (in addition to all the Juice orders each day) until the backlog is more manageable. Honestly, that is quite ambitious but we are going to strive for it. Each day, at the end of the day, we will write the number of chambers shipped that day on the scoreboard. If we are short, we will try to make it up the next day.

For example, I had a shop visitor today and took a number of long phone calls. As a result, we only managed to ship 3 chambers so we would have written 3 for today. That means on Monday, we have to ship 7 to stay on goal. He really liked the idea and it motivates him. Normally, we are shipping right up until 5 pm when UPS picks up. Once all the shipping is done, he usually leaves for the day. Today, since we were short on our goal, he stayed an extra hour and we got 3 more chambers ready to ship for Monday!

He is a GREAT kid and takes real pride in TurnTex and helping build our success. I figured out today that giving him more "pride in achievement", he is willing to put forth the extra effort.

Another thing I am doing is to let him do more things than just bottle Juice and pack orders. I am a control freak with the quality of my products and have not let him do much of the finished work. His eye for detail is just not quite a good as mine. One of the things we make that take time is to weld the steel plates for the larger chambers. In the past, I had him cut part and deburr but I insisted on doing all the welding. He has sort of hinted at wanting to do the welding in the past so today, I told him to go out there and weld me up a plate to the best of his ability and I would check it to see if he passed! His first attempt was a little crooked so I pointed out what he did wrong. He went back out while I was on the phone and came in later with 6 plates welded up as good as I would have done!

I am learning! The hardest part is learning to let go of some of it! I think we have a great plan for this year and expect great things to happen!

Again, thanks for the suggestion!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
don't agree with you dates we had this discussion then about dates and if you remember you admitted the order was in limbo somewhere between paypal and your site. dates don't change the problem. i made a order was told a time line. time line past. made many emails pms thou iap, no response at at all until a dispute with pay pal was filed. during this time i was left with no idea what was happening , if it was lost in shipping, stolen, missing order. or just ripped off. that's the point that i trying to get across.

Steve, I guess we will just have to disagree on this. I am sorry you had a bad experience 2.5 years ago. I related that to you at the time via e-mail and even offered to buy back your chamber since you said it was no good without Juice once you told me you would no longer buy from me.

I was wrong on my dates above. My USPS shipping records ( just looked them up) show your order was shipped September 26, not September 23 as stated above. The refund was made on the 23rd which was a Friday. The 26th was the following Monday. To say I never replied to any of your e-mails...we had e-mail exchanges the week after I got back from my show. You told me of your displeasure of me selling stuff at the show instead of filling your order. I explained to you then what I explained above.

Yes, I dropped the ball on your order. I admitted that already and apologized a number of times by e-mail back then. I refunded your money and offered to buy back your chamber at full price and pay the shipping back. I learned from the exchanges with you. I made changes. I am not sure what else I need to do. Obviously you still hold a grudge since you came to this thread proclaiming you were "bitten" by me 2.5 years later. I wish I could do something to get rid of that grudge.

I will say it again, I am sorry.

Last edited:

SantaEric

hey Curtis, maybe a person to use as an alternate "you" when you are not available....most Q's can be answered by a knowledgeable asst. and the really serious Q's can be bumped to you....payment??? work a trade cactus juice for service....heck i'd help you....take care
eric...
gotta make another order soon

Curtis, being too busy is not always a good thing, when I was too busy for about 4years in my after retirement company I got burned out doing the same thing as an auditor asking question and doing reports that I just don't want to do it anymore. just of the thought of an audit makes my stress level skyrocket.

Delegating is hard for us that like controlling quality, it raises our stress level. keep goals realistic so you can have Curtis time.

Marc

Curtis has taken responsibility for all of this, and has done so in a forthright, no BS manner. I think his "buck stops here" attitude is to be applauded and I would wish that others, whether in business or government or ?, would do the same. I personally have had good service from him and when he expressed all that he does and also explained he made no profit on the chambers, well frankly I am amazed.

I posted a private email to him earlier and ended it with a thought related to him not making a profit "no good deed goes unpunished."

Some good suggestions from customers are in this thread and I am sure he will implement those that make sense or are within his resources to accomplish. Hang in there my friend.

Lucky2

Pensbydesign, personally, I don't understand what the JEER is for. Curtis has shown the dates, and you were shipped the container plus your money was repaid to you on that same date. I don't think that a person could ask for more, unless their being a bit unreasonable. I could understand the JEER if you weren't shipped the chamber, but, you were, plus, the money was repaid. So, the only one that lost anything on this deal was Curtis, you certainly didn't lose anything. As for the date issue, Curtis has posted what he has for proof of order date, do you have anything to prove it was as long as you have stated? Or are we just supposed to take your word for it? I know many times I've ordered things, and they didn't arrive by the time I thought they should. But, when I went back to check on when this item might have been ordered, it wasn't nearly as long a wait as I thought it was. Could this be part of the problem, a miscaluation of time for when the order was placed? It would be easy for you to check out the dates, all you would have to do is check out your Pay-Pal acct, the info would be there. I know neither of you two people, but personally,I think this Jeer was uncalled for, as I've already stated, you got the Stabilizing Chamber and what goes with it for free plus many apoligizes from Curtis. If anything, you should have placed a Cheer for the way this issue was resolved.
Len

Lucky2

I know what you mean.

If his attitude at SWAT is as "I" read it to be, he could care less about us mail order people, he is all about the shows.

Might I ask HOW he made it right?? it is ok if you prefer not to say.
I am taking this JEER to the AAW form as well so the word really gets out.
I am tired of these people that do "BUSINESS" in this fashion ..or NOT do business would be a more accurate assessment.

If you did post this on the AAW forum, did it make you feel all warm and cuddly inside? Or, did it make you feel guilty for being such a mouthpiece? It would not be wrong to post it on the AAW site if you knew the whole story, you didn't! All you were looking to do is to start trouble or, to get credit for posting this issue first. Now that everything has pretty much been settled and explained, are you going to go over to the AAW forum to let them know what happened and how it was settled? I'm not saying your one of them, but, there are some people who aren't happy unless they're stirring up the stinky poo!!!
Len

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom