Cheer Sears

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

sbwertz

Since I can't pull a recoil starter any more, I have to use electric tools. 18 months ago, I bought a Sears Craftsman 18" electric chainsaw. I was very impressed with it's performance and have used it a lot. Then last week, it suddenly failed in a rather disastrous fashion. It refused to shut off!

Now think about it. It is a big chainsaw, requiring both hands to control. Of course I tied the cord in a knot at the plug so it wouldn't come unplugged if I pulled on it. How do you unplug it? The other end is at the house under a patio table, 60 feet away.

So I threw it down on the gravel, as far away from me as I could...unfortunately I was standing on the cord! It hit the end of the cord, reversed and came after me!

Sure...NOW it is funny. At the time I was scared witless!

Do you think I could find the receipt? Of course not! I did have my credit card statement so I knew when I bought it. I took it back to Sears, expecting a battle since I had no way of PROVING it was still in warranty. No problem...they gave me a brand new one, no questions asked. (This was AFTER they plugged it in and it took off.)

Thanks Sears, for standing behind your product.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I guess the chainsaw was just a bit miffed that you threw it onto the gravel, and tried to get revenge. That must have been a site to behold.

Nice to see Sears standing behind their power tools, and not just the hand tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom