Cheer Rherrell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

edicehouse

Ordered a sanding jig from Rherrell, arrived fast. Great communication, etc. Now to see if he offers a "punch" to make the round pieces of sandpaper.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Here's the info on RHerrell's products:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f172/custom-made-penturning-tools-accessories-92501/

Part way down he says:

I have also eliminated the sandpaper punch, instead you will get approx. 25 pre-punched discs, enough for about 100 pens. If you run out, just buy some sticky sandpaper and cut it into small squares, a regular notebook paper punch will punch a perfectly sized hole. The discs come packaged inside the little shipping case so don't PM me and say you didn't get any!:biggrin:

Here's a photo....

edicehouse

Here's the info on RHerrell's products:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f172/custom-made-penturning-tools-accessories-92501/

Part way down he says:

I have also eliminated the sandpaper punch, instead you will get approx. 25 pre-punched discs, enough for about 100 pens. If you run out, just buy some sticky sandpaper and cut it into small squares, a regular notebook paper punch will punch a perfectly sized hole. The discs come packaged inside the little shipping case so don't PM me and say you didn't get any!:biggrin:
Here's a photo....

Yeah I saw that, but was hoping.....

edicehouse

So, how does the sanding jig work. Can you give a review?

Curt

Sorry I missed this. It is quiet simple, you turn your blank down with the tube installed. Get it down close to size. Put the sanding jig in the lathe, use a chuck or something to hold it in place, and just slide your blank on the tube. It fits 7MM perfect. I used two long slimline bushings to do a 3/8 and it worked perfect for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom