Question about a wood supplier

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert57

Has any one done business with West penn hardwoods? I seen there ad in a wood magazine, went to their web site. They have all types wood. , slabs, blanks. I was just wanting some info.
Thanks,
Robert

JimB

IF that is the place in Oleans, NY they are a huge place. I've never bought on line from them but I did stop by there once. Huge place with an amazing selection. They had everything from pen blanks, bowl blanks to an entire section of the warehouse just for huge slabs. The owner gave my wife and I a tour. They don't get a lot of walk in business.

I mentioned several of the local places that I've been in and he told me he supplies them, including our local Woodcraft and Rockler. He also knew enough about the smaller places that it was obvious he does business with them.

crabcreekind

We have bought wood from west penn lately online. They are very good with prices and shipping. They run specials for 40-50% off all the time with free shipping(mainly on turning stock). Wood is usually bigger than specified, so you get what you pay for, and they dont cheat you a 1/8 inch of wood like some places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom