Jeer Penn State Industries

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are penmakers, not purchasing agents...occasionally I sit bolt up in bed and say SH*^T, I forgot to add the bushings to the order, or crap, I wanted that upgrade refill or another pen order comes in an hour after you hit the send button but they're closed, how confusing is that?

So I am confused here. Why did you just not combine the two orders before placing them? Since they are CLOSED on Sundays it makes perfect sense if you are ordering over the weekend then order late Sunday.

The other part is this.
When we pull info on the company financial we see this -=> Penn State Industries, Philadelphia, PA
Now lets say average order was $50. That's 200,000 orders/year or 640 orders/day Monday to Saturday.

Online orders goes immediately to shipping where they are pulled/etc. and at that volume it is impossible to pull one order to add to that as finding the exact order is not only costly but shipping charges are already paid. Sorry, next time try to get a complete order before you submit the order as this is not a company problem, this is a buyer problem.

Oh and the info given on manta.com is likely old data from several years ago.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Penn State need to have someone see the business from a penmakers perspective, like the other vendors who got in the business after being penmakers first. We are different than most businesses, we have our reputation as the backbone of our business, profits are a luxury if it happens.. We make things for Doctors, Lawyers, politicians, and God forbid...family members. They are hand made, better than store bought, by our own hands...we actually care!!!! And we service the hell out of our customers....we should expect the same from our suppliers!

The Penguin

I've only order a very small number of items from PSI. Like less than 20 in my entire turning "career"

so for me - it's entirely possible.

:biggrin:

Ambidex

Been following this thread with lot's of opinions and replies...Only been doin this for 4 yrs or so..had a bad experience with psi a couple yrs back..mostly a misunderstanding on a slow delivery..but have sat back and waited and I promise you psi is not the vendor it was when I started..they apparently paid attention to the complaints and it seems to me like they are fixing the issues they had in the past. I still love the regular vendors I use and won't quit using them ever..but when I need something my regular vendors don't have, I will NOT hesitate to call on PSI..as usual IMHO:wink:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Right now

I have an order coming -- wholesale and if you think retail can be slow you ought to be a reseller. But, if you know it's going to take as much time as if you ordered from China (and they had it in stock) to get the 134 miles it has to come to get here from Philly, you plan for it and order when you don't have a rush.

Dan Masshardt

I have an order coming -- wholesale and if you think retail can be slow you ought to be a reseller. But, if you know it's going to take as much time as if you ordered from China (and they had it in stock) to get the 134 miles it has to come to get here from Philly, you plan for it and order when you don't have a rush.

Hmmm. What stuff are you going to resell? :)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Hmmm. What stuff are you going to resell? :)
Who knows...You might find out around the 1st of Feb.

PenMan1

I've never been the biggest PSI fan. In fact, I've had my share of difficulties with them and most things they sell that I can buy elsewhere, I do.

BUT, to be totally fair, PSI's service to me has gotten MUCH, MUCH better in the past 12 months. I order on Monday, I get it Wednesday. That's about as good as it gets.

I think your call was totally unrealistic. My shipping volume is likely 1/100th that of PSI's. On a busy day, I might ship 30 packages. On a Monday, they may prepare and ship 3,000.
If I found a 2 orders going to one customer, I would try to combine to save shipping. BUT I WOULDN'T EXPECT any company to put all other orders on hold to stop and search (for free) for your other order. The circus doesn't stop for one mad monkey. To get EVERYONES orders shipped quickly EVERYBODY IN SHIPPING must work effectively and efficiently. Digging through stacks of processed orders to save a customer $6 in shipping charges is neither efficient or effective. AND, IMHO, it's not good customer service either. It slows all other orders to "fix" one.

I do wish they could find a pleasant way to convey that message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom