Jeer Penn State creepy stalker emails - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Cheers & Jeers
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2019, 09:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 75

Retrojim,

Please do not be put off by this experience. . That was an exception, not the usual, and definitely not the rule. . You are very welcome here. . Your contributions are, and will be, appreciated ... I can assure you.

I believe it is valuable, for most members, for you to continue to "voice" all your experiences and your opinions and also to publicize your progress in pen turning through descriptions of your work, questions you might have about anything, and pictures of your pens and other work.

Only in that way can we all grow and improve. . From what little I have read from you I feel quite convinced that you have a meaningful role to play here.

Kids rule the world !!! .... eventually if not already !

Last edited by magpens; 02-09-2019 at 09:18 PM.
magpens is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-09-2019, 10:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

Photos: 83

Not for nothing yes we welcome all new people joining the family. We are all here to share ideas and make our pen turning experience better and more enjoyable. But with that said, you did not even introduce yourself or give us any insight as to who you are or what you do or like to do. The first post is to complain about emails and you being in the high tech field and knowing how things are changing day to day. Not a good opening line.

PSI gets its share of Jeers here and some are well founded but some just are ridiculous. There is nothing inflammatory written here for you to get upset about. Lets say it is water under the bridge and start over. tell us about yourself and what it is you would like to accomplish by joining this site. Maybe even show us some of your work and it does not have to be pens if chose not to.

Advertising is a way of life. It happens in many forms and in fact we as pen makers and seller look for our own ideas to get the word out. If you head down this path and maybe you already are you will understand that statement. Good luck and welcome.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Photos: 6

Hi RetroJim:

Welcome!

I don't care what questions are posted, how often one posts, or how one presents their questions. Welcome to the IAP, and I hope you choose to continue to ask questions.

Peace,

Tony

Member of Local IAP Georgia Chapter meets quarterly in Roswell, GA
TonyL is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2019, 11:29 PM   #24 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrojim View Post
Jeer for lately cyberstalking me with spam.
Hi and welcome aboard. Do not regret your original post. Do not feel uncomfortable here. You'll quickly find out most members are here to help and have fun. Sorry you got off to bad start with PennState. Some swear by them and some swear at them. Oh well...let it go. They're not so bad. You'll find them to be a reputable company if you buy from them. What have you done so far. How did you get started. Please stay active here. We're on your side.

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS
MidAmericaPool professional pool cue repair lathe

Last edited by WriteON; 02-09-2019 at 11:39 PM.
WriteON is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-09-2019, 11:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrojim View Post
Jeer for lately cyberstalking me with spam. If I go to their website but don’t buy anything that time, within a day I get an email trying to get me to buy the stuff I looked at. Very creepy, and has me considering never going to their website again.

If you go to “email preferences” in your account on their site, there’s nowhere to turn off these emails.
I think you get 10% first order by registering.

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS
MidAmericaPool professional pool cue repair lathe
WriteON is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-10-2019, 10:50 AM   #26 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpens View Post
Your experience is much different from mine.

I have RARELY received the discount offer you mention, but NEVER a reward for writing a review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf creek knives View Post
Nice thing about PSI is that when you go to their site, put something in the cart then leave the site, guaranteed the next day you'll get a discount offer. Did it last night and this morning I had a 15% discount offer in my email. Some might have gotten it too as it seemed like a mass email but it happens to me every time. Also works if you give them a review, you get $5 off your next purchase within a certain time frame.
So they sent me an email asking me to review a recent purchase. I did the review and this is what I received the next day. I don't buy a lot from PSI but I get a review request just about every time I do buy something from them.

Your product review is Posted

Dear Tom,

We greatly appreciate your time in letting us know about your product experience. We strive to serve our customers better and value your constructive feedback!

Thank you Coupon
$5 Off
Your next purchase at Pennstateind.com*

Use Promo Code: 15REVDEC
Expires: 3/8/19
wolf creek knives is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #27 (permalink)

Photos: 83

I just noticed there is a way to unsubscribe from getting their emails so the OP is wrong in his assessment. Just need to follow your nose more throughout the message.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #28 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Not quite right. The standard practice and in keeping with anti-spam rules, is that unsubscribe gets you off lists that you have opted in, either by checking a box to subscribe or not checking a box that was already checked for you. When an online merchant sends an individual automated email in response to an action that a shopper has taken, that is not a bulk marketing email and is not covered by anti-spam conventions. Examples of automated email (also know as triggered emails) are cart abandonment, browse abandonment, anniversary of purchase, your birthday, your first visit, and dozens, maybe hundreds more.

The action that the original poster apparently did was to visit the PSI site and then left without making a purchase. That is an occasion for a browse abandonment email. From a merchant perspective it tends to work very well, 5% response rates to browse abandonment emails is common. Cart abandonment emails perform at least twice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jttheclockman View Post
I just noticed there is a way to unsubscribe from getting their emails so the OP is wrong in his assessment. Just need to follow your nose more throughout the message.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:18 AM   #29 (permalink)

Photos: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasper View Post
Not quite right. The standard practice and in keeping with anti-spam rules, is that unsubscribe gets you off lists that you have opted in, either by checking a box to subscribe or not checking a box that was already checked for you. When an online merchant sends an individual automated email in response to an action that a shopper has taken, that is not a bulk marketing email and is not covered by anti-spam conventions. Examples of automated email (also know as triggered emails) are cart abandonment, browse abandonment, anniversary of purchase, your birthday, your first visit, and dozens, maybe hundreds more.

The action that the original poster apparently did was to visit the PSI site and then left without making a purchase. That is an occasion for a browse abandonment email. From a merchant perspective it tends to work very well, 5% response rates to browse abandonment emails is common. Cart abandonment emails perform at least twice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jttheclockman View Post
That's interesting. I thought there must be something that excludes these type of things from the spam rules but I didn’t know what.

Your response rate statistics are also very interesting. Those rates are much better then typical marketing efforts and I assume much less expensive to do.
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads