Jeer Penn State Adds Shipping

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

raar25

I was in the in the middle of checking out an order with PSI when apparently their sale ended. When I started check out the shipping was free. Then when I got to the enter your credit card the shipping was added back in. Of course I would have been done 10 minutes before if everything I went into their site to buy was in stock. Instead I had to go picking for substitutes.

Luck I was paying attention at check out. I tried to call them about this but the phone is busy. Dont they have more than one phone line? Funny I think I just got an e-mail from them telling me how much they appreciate my business.......Well I guess this shows just how much they really do appreciate their customers.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Their ads clearly stated that the free shipping ended at 11 am EST, and I'm sure that the cutoff was computer automated. Frankly I don't think it would have been a trivial matter at all for the software to tell that you had started shopping before the cutoff time & extend the time, and even if it could, what would be a reasonable window for such an extension? 10 minutes, 1 hour, 2 days??

Furthermore if you only start shopping near the end of a sale period, it shouldn't be surprising that some items may be sold out by then. My approach would have been to finish the order and send them an email afterward explaining the situation and asking them to consider refunding the shipping charge. If they refused to do so, that might warrant a jeer, but I really don't see one here.

raar25

Update: Just go through on the phone to PSI and essentially the answer is the sale is over and we cant help you. After listing to a person telling me how busy they were and they have 5 people to support and they cant afford to lose their job and they are chained to their desk all day.....blah blah blah... Not to be too insensitive but none of that is my problem, I just wanted them to honor their promotion and not change my check out cost in the middle of check out.

Most of PSIs products are ok but their service sucks and I wish I could double JEER them.

Dan Masshardt

What time were you completing the order? Right at the cutoff time?

I am sympathetic to your complaint but not surprised. Like others have said, it's computer programmed and the end time is the end time.

It is a bummer though. I don't normally shop there but the free shipping offer got me to place two orders within the free shipping sale.

Last edited:

raar25

Paying someone money and expecting them to give it back is a fools errand (sorry to disagree). A JEER is definately warranted, and who ends a promotion at 11 am? The nice but helpless person that I dealt with did not understand the promotion either. I have placed 2 other orders since the start of their sale and this time I spent 20 minutes waiting on hold to talk to them to hear all about how rough life is for the employees in the customer service department of PSI but sorry we cant help you.

Sorry the JEER stands

raar25

I understand automation and that I needed to end up calling to correct the issue but the kick in gut is they were not willing to correct it. A good company would have looked me up in the computer noted how much I have spent (the number is not small) and said absolutely sir we are sorry for the inconvenience, here is a coupon code is there anything I can help you with today. This is the same thing I would do with anyone who misses the free shipping deal I am running if they try to buy something minutes after I turn it off.

LanceD

I'm also in agreement that PSI is not at fault. I too received an email stating that the free shipping would be over at the stated time. Also, we received that email about a week ago so this wasn't just a last minute promotion for them. Seems to me you had several days to place your order but chose to do so just minutes before their promotion ended.

raar25

Please get your facts straight. This is the third order I placed and was trying to give them a little more business before the holidays and save myself some shipping. Thats why I got on the phone with them. It is your choice to accept the poor customer practices of PSI, but it is mine not to.

kovalcik

I am siding with the no-jeer crowd on this one. You completed your checkout after the promotion ended, end of story. You paid the same as anyone else checking out at 11:01. If they had given you free shipping after the fact that would have been worth a Cheer as something above and beyond, but according to the conditions for the sale, they did exactly what the said they would.

Adillo303

I suppose that I am with the non jeer gang. It most likely is done by a computer. I don't know how much shipping was, but, say for the sake of argument that 50 people were in the same boat. Would that be an amount of money you would like to eat?

Critical hours on most all live call centers are 10:00 AM to 2:00PM. Prime time to get over stressed people. I have called, I avoid the above hours, with various issues and always been taken care of. I have sent e-mails which were not answered, however, the issue has always been taken care of.

Last point, with the economy today lots of companies are running short handed to cut costs. Paying for shipping might be less expensive than an across the board price increase for more help.

Last edited:

showcaser

Exactly what time will your free shipping end on your etsy page?
How much longer after you end it are you going to give free shipping?
What happens if I wait till the last minute to purchase something and it's out of stock?
I'm in the no jeer gang also....WOW!

bobleibo

Paying someone money and expecting them to give it back is a fools errand (sorry to disagree). A JEER is definately warranted, and who ends a promotion at 11 am? The nice but helpless person that I dealt with did not understand the promotion either. I have placed 2 other orders since the start of their sale and this time I spent 20 minutes waiting on hold to talk to them to hear all about how rough life is for the employees in the customer service department of PSI but sorry we cant help you.

Sorry the JEER stands

Apparently they do. Kind of like the time a business decides when to close, when to open, what to sell, how much to charge, etc.
Sorry, no Jeers here, just Cheers - for PSI.
Have a great day..

I am siding with the no-jeer crowd on this one. You completed your checkout after the promotion ended, end of story. You paid the same as anyone else checking out at 11:01. If they had given you free shipping after the fact that would have been worth a Cheer as something above and beyond, but according to the conditions for the sale, they did exactly what the said they would.
Exactly. Their offer had a time cutoff, and you missed it. The error was not on their end. A fix may have been appreciated, but should not have been expected.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I suspect you could have canceled the order after you saw that shipping was added in and before you paid. Hence, you chose to complete the order without the free shipping. I got at least 4 or 5 emails telling me when the free shipping was ending including one the day before -- in fact I might have gotten one 5 hours before. I really don't think you have a beef on the shipping.

On the other hand, customer service should not be telling you their problems whether they can help you or not, you might have a beef there.

cleve

well I for one am glad there are businesses that when having a sale and it ends while your on line or in a store they honour the sale price or free shipping . some times you don't know about the free shipping and just happen to be looking at the site and because of the time difference between east and west you could possibly miss out. example Lee Valley in Canada has free shipping 4 or 5 times a year if you call at 4pm BC time they are closed in the east 3 hours ahead I called the next day and they honours the free shipping . so I think they should have given the free shipping as the customer was on line when it ended .

lorbay

Arizona silhouette was advertising free shipping also this week or more not sure but as I am on their mailing list I got the notice. So I always ask the question but I bet that is no to Canada right and as with all the other bigger places CSUSA they all so no or there is a disclaimer on the shipping only to the lower 48.
What is funny they don't even offer the 1st $7 to wards the shipping out of the US.
And that is why I buy most of my stuff on here as all the vendors I deal with always give me $5 to $7 off the shipping if they have free shipping at time of purchase, some include the shipping if the $$ amount is high enough.
So I choose not to buy from the bigger guys and stay with IAP people.
Not the US fault it's just this dam Canada post a real dumb system.
Lin

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Arizona silhouette was advertising free shipping also this week or more not sure but as I am on their mailing list I got the notice. So I always ask the question but I bet that is no to Canada right and as with all the other bigger places CSUSA they all so no or there is a disclaimer on the shipping only to the lower 48.
What is funny they don't even offer the 1st $7 to wards the shipping out of the US.
And that is why I buy most of my stuff on here as all the vendors I deal with always give me $5 to $7 off the shipping if they have free shipping at time of purchase, some include the shipping if the $$ amount is high enough.
Lin
And sometimes they even screw up and send something priority mail that they planned on sending 1st class.....DAMHIKT:biggrin:

lorbay

Lin
And sometimes they even screw up and send something priority mail that they planned on sending 1st class.....DAMHIKT:biggrin:
So that's why my orders are getting here so fast. Lol :biggrin:

LeeR

I am going to give PSI a big "Thumbs Up" for my first 2 orders placed recently. I took advantage of their "15% Off" pen kit sale a couple weeks ago, and ordered two of the Knights Armor kits, and bushings. I have never ordered from PSI, but I have wanted to try the new "medieval" kits. I got the email for order acknowledgement immediately after placing the order, and then an email with tracking info. The package arrived when they said it would. A few days after ordering, they sent me an email offering me 10% off my next order. So I placed an order for a Celtic Pen starter kit, since the individual Celtics have been out of stock for awhile. They were already discounted, so getting another 10% off was nice. Same story on emails and shipping. Got them today.

I've seen lots of complaints, but so far my two ordering experiences have gone just fine.

LSUTIGERDOC

Love PSI, BUT.........

Love PSI products and their large inventory, but I have to agree with you that their telephone staff are rudest people I have ever dealt with. Extremely abrupt and convey a message of "we don't need your business". They make little effort to accommodate any request. You can hear the frown on their faces when you talk to them. Sad really.......if I ran that business I would clear house of the operators and hire some southern Girls with manners and smiles.

monophoto

Love PSI products and their large inventory, but I have to agree with you that their telephone staff are rudest people I have ever dealt with. Extremely abrupt and convey a message of "we don't need your business".

Interesting - my experience has been absolutely opposite this. I have found them extremely pleasant and helpful.

Taking it a step further - one of their technical service people - Joe Roberts - is one of the most helpful people I've encountered in doing business with ANY vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom