Jeer Penn State

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtoolsniper

Oldtoolsniper, you seem to be in a really foul mood about something.

You do things your way, and I'll do them my way. You can avoid WalMart if you like.

I don't like WalMart either, but if I NEVER go there I know that I am missing out on some things that I would like to have.

Same goes for PSI. For me, PSI is the WalMart of the pen kit world. I only go there because, occasionally, they have a SMALL number of things I want that I can't get elsewhere.

What I said about their pen kits may be a slight overstatement but it's nearly true, and it is high time the company woke up to that fact.

BTW, I don't have a clue what you mean by posting that big green sticker. . Seems totally irrelevant. . I would far rather deal with Berea and their excellent products (never a problem) than with PSI.

I hope this thread is entertaining some people .... :biggrin:

It's simple. As a consumer if I don't like something I'm not forced to purchase it.

Walmart was given as an example, I don't like they way the company does business so I don't go there. It's called a choice.

If I have a problem with something I need to do my part and report it to the company. If the company chooses to ignore the problem then it's up to me to no longer use them or their service.

The point of the sticker is the Company is giving you a reasonable opportunity to address any discrepancies from the time you received the package. It's an example of the exchange between the service provider and the end customer. Both sides have expectations in the transaction.

If I continue to buy products from a company that I complain about and then complain about the products I've bought from a company I'm already complaining about I don't see where I have a complaint. I already knew what I was getting, I had gotten it before.

( I know that's a run on sentence but it needs to be)

I believe it was Albert Einstein that said doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results was the definition of insanity.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

magpens

Einstein and Defining Insanity

It seems there is some controversy about who said that.

In any case, it seems to me that the quotation could be applied to a certain company we have been discussing.

I said I was going to switch off, but I couldn't resist another educational jibe :biggrin:. Over and out !

Did Einstein really define insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"?

What about seeing scary floating clowns that don't exist? Isn't that insanity too?

6 Answers

Peter Baskerville, Love Quotes. Written plenty. https://www.quoteandquote.com/peter.baskervilleUpdated 19 Sep 2014

This quote is generally attributed to Einstein in most online quote collections, however there seems to be significant debate about the authenticity of this attribution. Others like Mark Twain, an old Chinese proverb and Benjamin Franklin have also been suggested as the originators, but general consensus concludes that they have a significantly lesser claim than Einstein.

The earliest claim is that Einstein used and published the quote in his "Letters to Solovine 1951" however no specific reference has yet been supplied from that source. There is apparently an attribution to Einstein using this quote in a transactions of the North American Wildlife and Natural Resources Conference, Volume 71, p. 54, Wildlife Management Institute, published in 1975 although according to Bill Hood's answer, this volume was actually published in 2006.

Other verifiable evidence of the quote's original authorship come from:

1. Rita Mae Brown's 1983 novel, Sudden Death, published by Bantam Books, New York p.68 (attributed to Jane Fulton)
  2. Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) pamphlet - Step 2: A promise of Hope, p10, James G. Jenson, 1980.
  3. Narcotics Anonymous - The Basic Text of Narcotics Anonymous which was copyrighted in 1981. It is found on page 11 of the final "Review Form" which was distributed to the fellowship in November of 1981. The quote in that text is "Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results". The quote appears on page 25 of this pdf - http://www.amonymifoundation.org...

My read of it all is that Einstein was too smart to define the broad scope of insanity is such narrow terms. However, the quote has been used effectively by Alcoholics Anonymous for many decades to drive home a simple point in a specified context and so I think it most probably originated from someone in that organisation like Dr. Silkwood or Bill Wilson, possibly as far back as the 1930's.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Oldtoolsniper, you seem to be in a really foul mood about something.

You do things your way, and I'll do them my way. You can avoid WalMart if you like.

I don't like WalMart either, but if I NEVER go there I know that I am missing out on some things that I would like to have.

Same goes for PSI. For me, PSI is the WalMart of the pen kit world. I only go there because, occasionally, they have a SMALL number of things I want that I can't get elsewhere.

What I said about their pen kits may be a slight overstatement but it's nearly true, and it is high time the company woke up to that fact.

BTW, I don't have a clue what you mean by posting that big green sticker. . Seems totally irrelevant. . I would far rather deal with Berea and their excellent products (never a problem) than with PSI.

I hope this thread is entertaining some people .... :biggrin:

BTW ... please see my "positive note for PSI" in my reply to beck3906

I like this statement. Have to remember that one. It will be used again.:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom