Jeer Penn State - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Cheers & Jeers
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2016, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Penn State

I ordered some blanks from Penn State, which were - and still are - listed on the website as "in stock, ready to ship." They charged my card the same day. A week later, they still haven't bothered to ship them.

I understand that this is a busy season. Even so, everybody else I've ordered from has managed to ship within a day or two. And this isn't the first time I've waited over a week for Penn State to ship. I think I'm done ordering from them direct. "In stock, but can't be bothered to ship" isn't any better than out of stock.

Also, I made a PSI seamripper necklace (ordered via Exotic Blanks, who do ship promptly). The necklace chain is junk. Not only is it a coarse, ugly chain that doesn't hang cleanly - it's weak. My wife broke it gently untangling it out of the package. How's it supposed to hold up to having the seam ripper pulled off of it regularly? This is a gift, so we've spent the money to put a nice chain on it. Glad I'm not trying to sell it.
cjester is offline   Top
Old 12-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 18

Join the club my friend. They lost this customer when they told me
my piddly orders didn't matter to them.

My lathes:

Floor Lathe
Bench top lathe

Herb G is offline   Top
Old 12-24-2016, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 11

The credit card is automated and doesn't have anything to do with shipping. However, I do agree your order is taking longer than it should.
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2016, 12:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 6

Herb G, thanks for the links, Have now added the floor lathe to my wish list for 2107
hcpens is offline   Top
Old 12-26-2016, 11:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
The credit card is automated and doesn't have anything to do with shipping. However, I do agree your order is taking longer than it should.
That it's automated and has nothing to do with shipping is a business decision that the COMPANY has made. In short, the gap between charging and shipping is ALL on them. 100% their responsibility. That they choose to loosely couple charging and shipping is, in fact, generally a sign that they don't care much about their customers, or they are entirely too optimistic about their processes.

Bikerdad is offline   Top
Old 12-27-2016, 05:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 18

Call your CC company & dispute the charge. That's the only way you'll get your money back. PSI certainly will not refund it on their own accord.

My lathes:

Floor Lathe
Bench top lathe

Herb G is offline   Top
Old 12-27-2016, 07:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerdad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
That it's automated and has nothing to do with shipping is a business decision that the COMPANY has made. In short, the gap between charging and shipping is ALL on them. 100% their responsibility. That they choose to loosely couple charging and shipping is, in fact, generally a sign that they don't care much about their customers, or they are entirely too optimistic about their processes.

You should go back and read my very short comment. I did agree with the OP that is was taking longer than it should.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb G View Post
Call your CC company & dispute the charge. That's the only way you'll get your money back. PSI certainly will not refund it on their own accord.
The orders always turn up eventually. I'm just irritated at how long they often take to get them out the door.
cjester is offline   Top
Old 12-27-2016, 09:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 5

I quit them years ago because of their delays.
tomtedesco is offline   Top
Old 12-27-2016, 09:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb G View Post
The orders always turn up eventually. I'm just irritated at how long they often take to get them out the door.
I do not understand something, if you have had this problem before and you have known of the situation why, why, why do you keep going back. If you like what Ed sells buy from him. There are other PSI sellers also. Try them.
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread