Jeer LeapTech/IllStreet - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Cheers & Jeers
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2017, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default LeapTech/IllStreet

It pains me to say this because I actually like some of the employees at Ill Street a.k.a. LeapTech. But I have long suspected that they short me on resin purchases. I recently purchased three gallons from them. These are two of the 1 gallon cans I have emptied. The next will be tomorrow.
In the one picture, it was just over half full. And on the other, it is missing just under a quart.

By the math, the 5 gallon pail that I typically purchase, should yield approx 50-60 more pen blanks than I typically get. Subtract what doesn't come out of the pail and the occasional heavy pour, and I'm still coming up short by a lot. On the average, I figure it's consistently 3 quarts short on a 5 gallon pail.

I fully place my reputation on these statements and offer a cautionary warning to anyone ordering from IllStreet/LeapTech in Charleston SC.

I have not had these issues when ordering from US Composites.
Attached Thumbnails
_img_000000_000000.jpg   img_20170721_210447062.jpg  
Old 07-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mike, did you bring this issue up with Leap Tech? What was their response, did they offer to do anything about it?
Len
Lucky2 is offline   Top
Old 07-21-2017, 10:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 60

I just got two gallons a few days ago. Upon seeing this post, I went and did a quick measurement. It looks like they may have been a pint or two short but I'll have to measure again to be sure.

I'm sure if you contact LeapTech with this issue, they would make it right.

https://www.instagram.com/woodnotch/

I Corinthians 10:31
Rolandranch is online now   Top
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2017, 05:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinSC View Post
It pains me to say this because I actually like some of the employees at Ill Street a.k.a. LeapTech. But I have long suspected that they short me on resin purchases. I recently purchased three gallons from them. These are two of the 1 gallon cans I have emptied. The next will be tomorrow.
In the one picture, it was just over half full. And on the other, it is missing just under a quart.

By the math, the 5 gallon pail that I typically purchase, should yield approx 50-60 more pen blanks than I typically get. Subtract what doesn't come out of the pail and the occasional heavy pour, and I'm still coming up short by a lot. On the average, I figure it's consistently 3 quarts short on a 5 gallon pail.

I fully place my reputation on these statements and offer a cautionary warning to anyone ordering from IllStreet/LeapTech in Charleston SC.

I have not had these issues when ordering from US Composites.
Oh my...! I call that pure intent theft and I would be making a hell of an "issue" with the factory or the supplier as often they buy the resin in 44-gallon drums and fill the containers themselves, that is pure stupidity to think that all customers are dumb and not noticing they have been ripped-off: mad:

I really would like to know what you guys are going to do and what their response will be...!

I will keep an eye on this thread.

Cheers
George

Email: nyodine@yahoo.com.au

Web-Store: https://www.georges-bits-of-timber.com/
robutacion is online now   Top
Old 07-31-2017, 06:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandranch View Post
I just got two gallons a few days ago. Upon seeing this post, I went and did a quick measurement. It looks like they may have been a pint or two short but I'll have to measure again to be sure.

I'm sure if you contact LeapTech with this issue, they would make it right.
That is 1/8th to 1/4 of what you purchased. This is just crazy.
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread