Jeer LeapTech/IllStreet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeinSC

It pains me to say this because I actually like some of the employees at Ill Street a.k.a. LeapTech. But I have long suspected that they short me on resin purchases. I recently purchased three gallons from them. These are two of the 1 gallon cans I have emptied. The next will be tomorrow.
In the one picture, it was just over half full. And on the other, it is missing just under a quart.

By the math, the 5 gallon pail that I typically purchase, should yield approx 50-60 more pen blanks than I typically get. Subtract what doesn't come out of the pail and the occasional heavy pour, and I'm still coming up short by a lot. On the average, I figure it's consistently 3 quarts short on a 5 gallon pail.

I fully place my reputation on these statements and offer a cautionary warning to anyone ordering from IllStreet/LeapTech in Charleston SC.

I have not had these issues when ordering from US Composites.

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_20170721_210447062.jpg
    IMG_20170721_210447062.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 287
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rolandranch

I just got two gallons a few days ago. Upon seeing this post, I went and did a quick measurement. It looks like they may have been a pint or two short but I'll have to measure again to be sure.

I'm sure if you contact LeapTech with this issue, they would make it right.

robutacion

It pains me to say this because I actually like some of the employees at Ill Street a.k.a. LeapTech. But I have long suspected that they short me on resin purchases. I recently purchased three gallons from them. These are two of the 1 gallon cans I have emptied. The next will be tomorrow.
In the one picture, it was just over half full. And on the other, it is missing just under a quart.

By the math, the 5 gallon pail that I typically purchase, should yield approx 50-60 more pen blanks than I typically get. Subtract what doesn't come out of the pail and the occasional heavy pour, and I'm still coming up short by a lot. On the average, I figure it's consistently 3 quarts short on a 5 gallon pail.

I fully place my reputation on these statements and offer a cautionary warning to anyone ordering from IllStreet/LeapTech in Charleston SC.

I have not had these issues when ordering from US Composites.

Oh my...! I call that pure intent theft and I would be making a hell of an "issue" with the factory or the supplier as often they buy the resin in 44-gallon drums and fill the containers themselves, that is pure stupidity to think that all customers are dumb and not noticing they have been ripped-off: mad:

I really would like to know what you guys are going to do and what their response will be...!

I will keep an eye on this thread.

Cheers
George

edicehouse

I just got two gallons a few days ago. Upon seeing this post, I went and did a quick measurement. It looks like they may have been a pint or two short but I'll have to measure again to be sure.

I'm sure if you contact LeapTech with this issue, they would make it right.

That is 1/8th to 1/4 of what you purchased. This is just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom