Jeers Doug Thompson - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Cheers & Jeers
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Jeers Doug Thompson

If Doug Thompson offers a prize do not expect to receive it. I won last year but never heard from him. Can’t complain about not receiving a free item but it was a bad business move on his end. Doug gets a lot of positive support from members here and and sure he's a great person. However he's too busy to reply...too busy to say he's too busy to get a committed prize out. I do not need a free tool. Great tool Maker...maybe....good manager...not really. I have to laugh at this...I GOT NOTHING FOR NOTHING

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS
MidAmericaPool professional pool cue repair lathe

Last edited by WriteON; 01-13-2019 at 10:17 AM.
WriteON is online now   Top
Old 01-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteON View Post
If Doug Thompson offers a prize do not expect to receive it. I won last year but never heard from him. Canít complain about not receiving a free item but it was a bad business move on his end. Doug gets a lot of positive support from members here and and sure he's a great person. However he's too busy to reply...too busy to say he's too busy to get a committed prize out. I do not need a free tool. Great tool Maker...maybe....good manager...not really. I have to laugh at this...I GOT NOTHING FOR NOTHING
Wow.

My lathes:

Floor Lathe
Bench top lathe

Herb G is offline   Top
Old 01-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 6

I don't doubt your experience. That is not congruent with my experience of his support and business practices in the past. I only spoke to him a month ago. I hope he is ok (and would be nice if you get your prize).

Peace,

Tony

Member of Local IAP Georgia Chapter meets quarterly in Roswell, GA
TonyL is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
I don't doubt your experience. That is not congruent with my experience of his support and business practices in the past. I only spoke to him a month ago. I hope he is ok (and would be nice if you get your prize).
This is one year old. Not a current issue. Just a little untimely.
I hope he is ok too. I’m not taking it personally. I’m strong. I can handle anything. I’m married.

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS

Last edited by WriteON; 01-13-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

And then there are folks who win prizes and don't say thanks to the donor.
larryc is offline   Top
Old 01-13-2019, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryc View Post
And then there are folks who win prizes and don't say thanks to the donor.
Thatís poor etiquette and lack of appreciation. May the PenPrize Gods look down on them. May they never win again. I hate holding a door open for someone and do not like not getting a simple thanks. Thank you became replaced with No Problem. I guess it is a problem.

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS
Old 01-13-2019, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 83

Well lets ask the powers to be, is he slated to donate any prizes this year??? Has he committed to donate this year??? If not then all good.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jttheclockman View Post
Well lets ask the powers to be, is he slated to donate any prizes this year??? Has he committed to donate this year??? If not then all good.
No, it's not "all good" by any stretch. If someone promises a prize, then refuses or ignores a request to fulfill that prize, they are a no good welsh.
They are not an honorable man by any means because they failed to keep their word.
I don't know about anyone else, but when I grew up, a man was as good as his word.

My lathes:

Floor Lathe
Bench top lathe

Herb G is offline   Top
Old 01-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb G View Post
Quote:
No, it's not "all good" by any stretch. If someone promises a prize, then refuses or ignores a request to fulfill that prize, they are a no good welsh.
They are not an honorable man by any means because they failed to keep their word.
I don't know about anyone else, but when I grew up, a man was as good as his word.
Well said Herb. Nothing complicated about commitment and following through. Good intentions are Hallmark.
And you sir committed to stop smoking. How ya doin.

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS

Last edited by WriteON; 01-13-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb G View Post
Quote:
My point is this is the second posting Frank made on this. I know he put this one in the Jeers and Cheer section but for someone that has no past renege posts that I know of, there has to be a reason for this oversight. What it is I hope we all find out soon. If he did not offer up any prizes this year maybe there is something deeper to the story. To throw people under the bus is not good until the whole story is revealed. That is all I am saying.
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread