JEER - PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Just called PSI yestersday and the 'Customer Service" person was less than helpful and in fact was somewhat snotty.. Admittedly sometimes you get a person who will genuinely try to be helpful but the other half of the time you get someone who could care less about customer service. Just Irritating. Same thing if you have a technical question, sometimes they don't seem to have someone available to answer your question. If Woodturningz had all the PSI kits I'd do ALL my business with them but again PSI "lets" them sell some of the PSI items but not all of them. Another PSI Irritation.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

Just called PSI yestersday and the 'Customer Service" person was less than helpful and in fact was somewhat snotty.. Admittedly sometimes you get a person who will genuinely try to be helpful but the other half of the time you get someone who could care less about customer service. Just Irritating. Same thing if you have a technical question, sometimes they don't seem to have someone available to answer your question. If Woodturningz had all the PSI kits I'd do ALL my business with them but again PSI "lets" them sell some of the PSI items but not all of them. Another PSI Irritation.

I insisted that my customers hear a smile on my recepionists voice when she answered the phone.

stonepecker

Had the same problem yesterday with Girzzly when I called. I just hung up. When I called back later, the same "Jackie" answered the phone. I just asked to speak with someone else.
I am to that age when I talk to stupid people.....I either walk away or hang up the phone. Just don't have the patience for it anymore.

Last edited:

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Finatic you are WRONG WRONG WRONG. I called up in a good mood anticipating good customer service and got "attitude" instead. I am not alone in this. Others have had the same experience with PSI. I was courtous to the woman. She was NOT courteous to me. I treated her fine. I anticipated NO Problem - just wanted to place an order and got attitude

TonyL

I have had nothing but POSITIVE experiences dealing with Penn State. Their customer service has been equal to other suppliers. I suppose it has a lot to do with anticipation of a problem happening. They may treat us as we treat them.

I don't doubt anyone's appraisal of their experience, but mine has always been positive. I am not saying that all sound like they were waiting for me to call, and that I was their only customer, but I have found their responses and remedies to issues on the generous side of fair - so far anyway.

BJohn

I have to agree with Ernie.

Have not ordered from them in years, the attitude they reflect to a customer is like they are they are the only place I can order from.

Pay extra for priority service, whats that about? If you can't get an order shipped the same day (if placed by a certain time) without having to pay extra. You don't need to be in the mail order business.

To many out there that do! And with a SMILE :) and a THANK YOU :tongue:!

I have had nothing but POSITIVE experiences dealing with Penn State. Their customer service has been equal to other suppliers. I suppose it has a lot to do with anticipation of a problem happening. They may treat us as we treat them.

It only took until the 5th response to blame the customer. We have great vendors in our community, but everybody screws up, has a bad day, hires a bad employee....... This forum is supposedly not just for singing the praises of our venders, but also for discussing when they screw up. Even so, it surprises me when I see a Jeer thread started, because the OP is most likely going to get blamed for whatever issue they had with the vender they're posting about. How many screw ups go unmentioned, not because they were negligible, or handled correctly, but simply because members don't want to be tarred and feathered for having the audacity to post a Jeer in the "Cheers and Jeers" forum?

Gus Jr

I too have had a good ordering experience from PSI. I just ordered late Monday and received it this morning without paying an extra charge for quick processing.

hcpens

Talking to Ed

Just sent a direct e-mail to one of the family owners of PSI. Letting him know he might have an issue with a CSR and to look into it. Will see what his response is. I have had several great orders from PSI, but have not needed to call their CS.

Skie_M

Recently placed some orders with PSI and gotten some unusual results, myself.

First, I placed 2 orders back to back on a wednesday and a thursday ... they ended up both being sent 3 day priority USPS flat rate, and the wednesday order arrived saturday morning, the thursday order arrived monday morning.

Next, I got a rush order from a customer, she needed a pen done by the following wednesday, and that was 1 week away. I had to order the pen kit, and I asked that they send it 3 day priority. There were only 2 pen kits in the order, and they sent it UPS ground. o_O It got here Thursday (yesterday).

In order for me to fill her order in time, I had to dismantle a pen I had already made and turn her pen with those parts. Thank god I had an extra pen tube the right size!

I have no idea why they wouldn't mail 2 pen kits with 3 day priority USPS when they mailed me 2 pen kits, 1 drill bit, and 2 pen blanks 3 day priority USPS, and 3 pen kits, 6 keychain kits, 2 drill bits, and 2 pen blanks 3 day priority USPS, all within the past 3 weeks.

vakmere

Recently placed some orders with PSI and gotten some unusual results, myself.

First, I placed 2 orders back to back on a wednesday and a thursday ... they ended up both being sent 3 day priority USPS flat rate, and the wednesday order arrived saturday morning, the thursday order arrived monday morning.

Next, I got a rush order from a customer, she needed a pen done by the following wednesday, and that was 1 week away. I had to order the pen kit, and I asked that they send it 3 day priority. There were only 2 pen kits in the order, and they sent it UPS ground. o_O It got here Thursday (yesterday).

In order for me to fill her order in time, I had to dismantle a pen I had already made and turn her pen with those parts. Thank god I had an extra pen tube the right size!

I have no idea why they wouldn't mail 2 pen kits with 3 day priority USPS when they mailed me 2 pen kits, 1 drill bit, and 2 pen blanks 3 day priority USPS, and 3 pen kits, 6 keychain kits, 2 drill bits, and 2 pen blanks 3 day priority USPS, all within the past 3 weeks.

My understanding is they have one (1) order picker and he does what he wants and nobody questions him. I've been up there several times, showroom and warehouse. Even at the showroom the guy tried to sneak in 2 bad Gatsby kits. I opened them right there just to inspect which I normally do and I nailed him. He replaced them. I stopped ordering from them because there have been too many issues with scratched plating on their kits (clips, front ends, caps) and takes up to 2 weeks with follow up phone calls to get a replacement part(s). They don't give me a hard time about replacements and sometimes I need to send a photo of the problem area, especially when I call in defective parts order after order.
All in all they do millions of kits and dollars a year, bound to get a bad one or two or have miscommunications along the way. Some people never have issues with PSI. But if the wheel stops on your number we have to do what we have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom