JEER - PSI - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Cheers & Jeers
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2015, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 32

I have always had great experience with PSI.
Curt
CREID is offline   Top
Old 07-29-2015, 05:57 AM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finatic View Post
I have had nothing but POSITIVE experiences dealing with Penn State. Their customer service has been equal to other suppliers. I suppose it has a lot to do with anticipation of a problem happening. They may treat us as we treat them.
It only took until the 5th response to blame the customer. We have great vendors in our community, but everybody screws up, has a bad day, hires a bad employee....... This forum is supposedly not just for singing the praises of our venders, but also for discussing when they screw up. Even so, it surprises me when I see a Jeer thread started, because the OP is most likely going to get blamed for whatever issue they had with the vender they're posting about. How many screw ups go unmentioned, not because they were negligible, or handled correctly, but simply because members don't want to be tarred and feathered for having the audacity to post a Jeer in the "Cheers and Jeers" forum?
Chatham PenWorks is offline   Top
Old 08-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #13 (permalink)

Photos: 27

I too have had a good ordering experience from PSI. I just ordered late Monday and received it this morning without paying an extra charge for quick processing.
Gus Jr is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2015, 01:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

Photos: 6

Default Talking to Ed

Just sent a direct e-mail to one of the family owners of PSI. Letting him know he might have an issue with a CSR and to look into it. Will see what his response is. I have had several great orders from PSI, but have not needed to call their CS.
hcpens is offline   Top
Old 08-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

Photos: 7

Recently placed some orders with PSI and gotten some unusual results, myself.

First, I placed 2 orders back to back on a wednesday and a thursday ... they ended up both being sent 3 day priority USPS flat rate, and the wednesday order arrived saturday morning, the thursday order arrived monday morning.

Next, I got a rush order from a customer, she needed a pen done by the following wednesday, and that was 1 week away. I had to order the pen kit, and I asked that they send it 3 day priority. There were only 2 pen kits in the order, and they sent it UPS ground. o.O It got here Thursday (yesterday).

In order for me to fill her order in time, I had to dismantle a pen I had already made and turn her pen with those parts. Thank god I had an extra pen tube the right size!

I have no idea why they wouldn't mail 2 pen kits with 3 day priority USPS when they mailed me 2 pen kits, 1 drill bit, and 2 pen blanks 3 day priority USPS, and 3 pen kits, 6 keychain kits, 2 drill bits, and 2 pen blanks 3 day priority USPS, all within the past 3 weeks.
Skie_M is offline   Top
Old 08-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Photos: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie_M View Post
Recently placed some orders with PSI and gotten some unusual results, myself.

First, I placed 2 orders back to back on a wednesday and a thursday ... they ended up both being sent 3 day priority USPS flat rate, and the wednesday order arrived saturday morning, the thursday order arrived monday morning.

Next, I got a rush order from a customer, she needed a pen done by the following wednesday, and that was 1 week away. I had to order the pen kit, and I asked that they send it 3 day priority. There were only 2 pen kits in the order, and they sent it UPS ground. o.O It got here Thursday (yesterday).

In order for me to fill her order in time, I had to dismantle a pen I had already made and turn her pen with those parts. Thank god I had an extra pen tube the right size!

I have no idea why they wouldn't mail 2 pen kits with 3 day priority USPS when they mailed me 2 pen kits, 1 drill bit, and 2 pen blanks 3 day priority USPS, and 3 pen kits, 6 keychain kits, 2 drill bits, and 2 pen blanks 3 day priority USPS, all within the past 3 weeks.
My understanding is they have one (1) order picker and he does what he wants and nobody questions him. I've been up there several times, showroom and warehouse. Even at the showroom the guy tried to sneak in 2 bad Gatsby kits. I opened them right there just to inspect which I normally do and I nailed him. He replaced them. I stopped ordering from them because there have been too many issues with scratched plating on their kits (clips, front ends, caps) and takes up to 2 weeks with follow up phone calls to get a replacement part(s). They don't give me a hard time about replacements and sometimes I need to send a photo of the problem area, especially when I call in defective parts order after order.
All in all they do millions of kits and dollars a year, bound to get a bad one or two or have miscommunications along the way. Some people never have issues with PSI. But if the wheel stops on your number we have to do what we have to do.
vakmere is offline   Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread