Jeer - Penn State Industies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

David350

Let me first state that I have had many very positive interactions with PSI and have found their customer service very good. However, I recently purchased some bottle stopper cases that looked great and were a nice size. I was very happy with my purchase until I tried to use one and found that they had taped the lids on with a really cheap tape and it left all of the tape residue on the clear case when I removed it so it looked horrible. It took me probably 10 minutes to clean all the tape residue off of it. They offered for me to return them for a refund which was nice, but due to time constraints, I couldn't.

My jeer is directed to their treatment of my product review which was not posted. I gave the product what I thought was a fair review (negative). I said it was a great looking product and a fair price, but that it was spoiled by the application of the tape.

Has anyone else had a negative review not posted? I do see some posted, but now I am wondering if they keep the negative reviews they post to a minimum for their benefit. David

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

Of course they delete negative reviews. Wouldn't you, if you had that many customer complaints against you? Do a Google search for PSI complaints.
You'll be SHOCKED.

magpens

David,

I have been in that position more than once ... submitted a MILDLY negative review, usually graded the product 4/5, and had the review rejected (not posted to their website). . I too have noticed that some reviews with a 4/5 grading and lower DO get posted. . Not sure what to make of that when they seem to actively solicit reviews of their products ... for example, four or so weeks after an order I have received emails requesting a review of an item.

BTW, I did what Herb suggested. . Not much of a negative tone at all in the returned info. . I Did learn that PSI is not accredited by BBB but still they get an A- rating which at face value is not bad.

PSI customer service has improved ENORMOUSLY over the 9 years I have been buying from them. . In my early days with them their CS was really pathetic. . Much better now, thankfully.

However, their product design and quality, in general, leaves quite a bit to be improved, in my opinion. . Just referring to pen kits and blanks, as that is predominantly what I have bought from them.

Also, other things ... For example, I ordered some Kallenshaan wood inlay pen blank kits from PSI recently ... These are fragile and you have to assemble them and glue in the tube. . Well when I received those, they had been crushed by the weight of other stuff in the order and by the jostling in transit, even though they come in individual plastic clamshells. . They should have been packed with more care because it is obvious that they are fragile. . Fortunately, after the gluing, turning, and finishing, they look OK. . I have ordered about 100 of these from other vendors and never received any broken ones before. . I won't be ordering such fragile items from them again.

I have learned what I should not order from them, and buy most of my stuff elsewhere. . I only buy their sale items to minimize the risk. . And I am very selective about what I do buy. . Their best pen kit, in my opinion, is the 30 Caliber Bolt Action. . It's excellent, so far. . I have tried a very large number of their other pen kits. . Of course, you can buy many, but not all, of their pen kits from other vendors so, for those products, you can pick a vendor with known excellent customer service. . I don't need to name those vendors.

These are my honest opinions. . I know that they do have plenty of fans here on IAP. . Over the years, I have not been one of them. . But there are some items I still buy from them. . I like trying some of the many new pen kit designs that PSI comes up with but I am not impressed by most of these. . That includes the new Dog Pen Kit, which has a problem with the clip, in my experience.

Nowadays, when I do have a problem, I phone their customer service and usually get a quick and satisfactory resolution. . But that has not always been the case. . Only occasionally is there a difficulty now. . Returning product to them is a big issue for me because I do not live in the USA and so shipping is expensive for me.

Last edited:

WriteON

That includes the new Dog Pen Kit, which has a problem with the clip, in my experience.

Please describe the clip problem. I made quite few of these pens and would like to know what to expect.

As for any companies jeers....sadly a business is like a restaurant and as good as their last meal. If PSI is not 100% positive it close to 99. Unhappy...don't deal. But some of the complaints are slightly nit-picked.

BBB members. Worthless. Business' pay to be members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom