Jeer I can't believe they would do this!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

elkhorn

I haven't posted any jeers because I feel that in general, life happens, and someone would have to really tic me off to write a jeer. Well, PSI did that this morning. Usually I have received very good service from PSI - quick shipping.

I ordered what I thought were 10 gunmetal FULL SIZE bolt action kits and what I received was 10 gunmetal MINI bolt action kits. I had to run down to Woodcraft to get the right kit to fill a customer's order. This was on a 15% discount coupon. Don't get me wrong, the kits (I ordered others as well) all arrived quickly. I just didn't check the order until later.

I called PSI this morning and explained the problem. I didn't blame them for the mini kits (it may have been me), I just wanted to exchange them for the regular full size bolt action. No problem, I was told, but I would have to pay the difference in price since the 15% coupon was no longer valid. The unit price on both kits is the same ($12.95) but I would now have to pay an additional $1.94 per pen kit. I told them just to issue a refund.

I wasn't trying to use an expired coupon, but just wanted an exchange.

Don't know if I'm right or wrong on this, but it just didn't sit well.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewboy22

I am sorry that happened to you.

FWIW - I have talked to them on a few occasions about different items and it seems the people you get on the phone the first time are not allowed to do anything that you can not do on the website. I did the same thing you did but the lady on the phone said that she could not change the prices, so I was stuck too :(

Sorry Bro,

Drew

BJohn

IMHO

That is just a line of *&^%, I have been in customer service with a small company for 16 years now. I find it very hard to believe that any one would risk loosing a customer over basically $20.00.

I work for a small company , where every penny counts. (At least that's what the owner say's)

I have the authority to take any discounts needed to make the customer happy.

1. I am allowed to match a competitors price. (within reason)
2. Match a price (like in your case).
3. Or simply discount an item to make a new customer or hold on to an existing one. (Again within reason)

I have given yes GIVEN customers low priced items. It is called customer service. In this day and age it is what sets you apart! Something PSI knows little about.

I would have my butt chewed over risking loosing a customer, no matter how big or small. Over $20.00.

For the giggle, you should have told him or her that you had ocean front property you had for sale? LOL

Another reason I refuse to purchase from PSI.

Last edited by a moderator:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I think before everyone goes to hang PSI, one key bit of information is missing or unclear. You mention " I didn't blame them for the mini kits (it may have been me)". Did you misorder or did they screw up and send the wrong ones? If you misordered, your Jeer is unsubstantiated, IMO. I can see where they are not willing to extend the coupon code after the fact and they have every right to do so. I would expect that myself if I was in your shoes. I would not personally handle it that way but it is certainly within their rights. If, however, they sent the wrong item and are trying to charge you the difference, then you have a legitimate Jeer and complaint.

Last edited:

BJohn

Curtis, Curtis, Curtis

IMO

Mistakes happen, and he may have ordered the wrong kit, even if he did good basic customer service say's you take care of the customer.

Also IMO
In this case they gave him a full refund lost more then the $20 and the possibly the customer.

After speaking with you several times and purchasing some juice along with other items. I think you would treat your customers better then that. I believe that I have read instances were you have. So why would you back up their bad customer service practice's.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
You are correct, I would handle it very differently. However, what I would do has no bearing on this situation and does not cloud my view of what is required. Not defending them but rather looking for more info. If something is my mistake as a customer, I do not expect the company I am doing business with to bend over backwards. If they do, I am grateful but certainly not entitled. Again, we don't know who made the mistake.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Curtis, Curtis, Curtis

IMO

Mistakes happen, and he may have ordered the wrong kit, even if he did good basic customer service say's you take care of the customer.

Also IMO
In this case they gave him a full refund lost more then the $20 and the possibly the customer.

After speaking with you several times and purchasing some juice along with other items. I think you would treat your customers better then that. I believe that I have read instances were you have. So why would you back up their bad customer service practice's.

I'm sure Curtis would treat people better than that. However, remember that he is acting as a moderator here, not a vendor.

The other input here is that customer service is a ROUGH area to be in these days. It's essential for a small vendor like all those that post here regularly to bend over backwords to keep a customer. However, once you get big enough to not be just a one or two person operation life gets harder to do that.

Like this case - its possible that the system doesn't allow them to re-apply the coupon code to the new item since its expired. It might be out of the persons training and authorization to do anything else. Could PSI fix that? Sure... but that might cost money and thus the price goes up on everything.

I'm not saying the OP nor PSI is in the right here... I'm saying that its a shade of grey... never a fun thing.

The one thing I would disagree with is the right for the OP to post this as a jeer - since we are allowed to praise when a vendor bends over backwards for us, we should be allowed to jeer if one doesn't. Just as that vendor is allowed to put in their reply to the situation (or ignore it if they choose).

Dan Masshardt

When they sent the order confirmation email, what product was listed?

If you ordered the wrong thing, the core problem is your own fault. If they sent the wrong product it's totally their fault.

Either way, they certainly could have responded more generously.

JimB

You couldn't even be bothered to see who made the mistake, you or them, but you are blaming them for not correcting it? You also imply you didn't check your order when it was first received. Again, something you should have done. I guess it is much easier to blame others for your mistakes.

BJohn

Acting as a moderator is a not a bad thing.

But here is Websters definition: Someone who leads a discussion in a group and tells each person when to speak : someone who moderates a meeting or discussion.

That person should be Non:partisan (not giving the appearance of defending or attacking one side or the other).

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Wow, John, you really think my reply was partisan or defending one side or the other? I was defending no one, I was asking for more information and stating what I thought based on the two different scenarios. Companies are not obligated to give us us anything other than what we pay for. Sure, they could have handled things better but IF the mistake was on the customer, they are not obligated to do anything. We don't know who's error it was.

Oh, and Dean does not speak for me. I was acting based on what I saw in the Jeer as a regular member of IAP. Nothing more, nothing less. I certainly was not taking a side against the original poster. If it was the vendor's mistake, he should be raising all kinds of hell.

magpens

I kinda wish the OP would come back and clarify the situation. If he has lost the original order confirmation/packing slip/invoice he could look up the order online on the company's website.

Would be nice to have a more complete story as to how the mistake was made.

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I kinda wish the OP would come back and clarify the situation. If he has lost the original order confirmation/packing slip/invoice he could look up the order online on the company's website.

Would be nice to have a more complete story as to how the mistake was made.

I doubt he is going to (and I don't blame him!). He actually requested that the thread be deleted as he did not want it to turn into what it has. Unfortunately, once a thread has been submitted and replied to, we do not delete threads unless there is clear violation of the rules.

Curtis O. Seebeck
IAP Head Moderator

Last edited:

nativewooder

Thanks, Curtis, for bringing up a few pertinent points. I admit when I first did "business" with PSI they would hang themselves every time. At that time the "owner" was not in control of his employees. Then he started replying on IAP and the service improved greatly. Several times I called Customer Service and the girls/ladies handled any problems splendidly. And since then there have been very few "jeers". My 2 pennies!

jeff3285

in all honestly im not a big fan of psi,,but I did send a order off to them,,unless they have something that I do want and woodturninz or amazon don't have I will order from them,,but I hate the shipping,,woodturninz and amazon is fast,,

jeff3285

Worst place on the web to do business with,,,I would not buy anything from them if they marked everything in their catalog to half price,,,no integrity whatsoever for the company,,,poor,, poor,,management

JimB

Worst place on the web to do business with,,,I would not buy anything from them if they marked everything in their catalog to half price,,,no integrity whatsoever for the company,,,poor,, poor,,management

What is your reason for bringing this thread back to life? You have posted in 3 different threads today complaining about PSI.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

This is a bit over the line, so here's a reminder about the proper approach to criticism at IAP:

From our Acceptable Use Policy:

"Broad, negative statements about individuals or businesses are not permitted."

It's much more valuable to point out specific issues or situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom