The good, the bad, and the ugly...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

brownsfn2

Let's start positive! (Hope this forum is ok for this. need to vent)

The GOOD! (Or excellent)

Exotic Blanks - I know I am new to pen turning so I am sure most of you know this. Exotic Blanks is awesome. My first $50 order and I was surprised with a really cool freebie. Second order of only $15 I still got a freebie (I thought surely I did not qualify). Shipping is fast, quality is excellent, and their prices are great. I will always look there first in my ordering.

The BAD!

Penn State - I just recieved an order of Tycoon pens. I am very dissappointed in the quality. I thought they were metal threads on the cap and body but it turns out they are plastic. The threads were missaligning. Also the gold faceted nibs all had scratches or blemishes on them.

The UGLY!

I called to replace the Penn State parts. The CSR I got on the line had no idea what the parts to the pens were called. It was like pulling teeth to get the order for the replacement parts going. There was no apology and she expressed something like what I can describe as indifference.

To Exotic Blanks - Keep up the good work. Your products are good, your service has been good and You will be my first stop in the future.

So one question... If I am tired of the Tycoon and don't care for the Navigator is the Jr Gent that much better?

Thanks for listening. :)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank you for all the nice comments!!!

Look at the Triton (Berea-made)--similar to the Jr. Gent (CSUSA)--feel free to call me if you have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom