Jeer Glowacki Timbers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
The lack of any response to emails, PMs, facebook messages, ebay sales, ebay contacts, and the like, suggests to me that perhaps some medical or other shattering issue has occurred. If he's willing to risk his ability to use Paypal, selling platforms like eBay and the IAP, and not responding to anything, then he's risking his business in a very real way. He can't be trying to steal money, in my mind, because paypal will just reverse it...

That suggests more than simple callousness on his part - I hope he's ok. That being said, you all did the right thing in seeking restitution, so I'm glad that worked out, anyway!

That being said - the profile picture thing is weird. I don't know much about facebook, though, so I don't know what it might be about...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sappheiros

The lack of any response to emails, PMs, facebook messages, ebay sales, ebay contacts, and the like, suggests to me that perhaps some medical or other shattering issue has occurred. If he's willing to risk his ability to use Paypal, selling platforms like eBay and the IAP, and not responding to anything, then he's risking his business in a very real way. He can't be trying to steal money, in my mind, because paypal will just reverse it...

That suggests more than simple callousness on his part - I hope he's ok. That being said, you all did the right thing in seeking restitution, so I'm glad that worked out, anyway!

That being said - the profile picture thing is weird. I don't know much about facebook, though, so I don't know what it might be about...

The two facts that don't add up are the profile picture, which means that he was logged onto Facebook on November 17th to change his picture and the fact that he accepted bids on eBay. If he was running auctions that just ran out, that would be understandable, but the fact that his items were placed as BUY IT NOW or BEST OFFER and his reviews stated that he accepted a BEST OFFER means that he was on eBay to say yes, only to not send the product.

Just be wary. I order stuff from IAP users when I see they've been active, haven't just been posting in the marketplace, and are friendly.

duncsuss

The lack of any response to emails, PMs, facebook messages, ebay sales, ebay contacts, and the like, suggests to me that perhaps ...

We just don't know, do we? Which is why I have stated (more than once):

... I refuse to speculate ...

Can I ask that others resist the urge to speculate too?

Thanks.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
The lack of any response to emails, PMs, facebook messages, ebay sales, ebay contacts, and the like, suggests to me that perhaps ...

We just don't know, do we? Which is why I have stated (more than once):

... I refuse to speculate ...

Can I ask that others resist the urge to speculate too?

Thanks.

Considered speculation isn't bad, when it involves trying to find solutions...it's not the same as jumping to conclusions! :)

That being said, I agree - the matter is essentially all sorted out in terms of restitution, so no need to speculate further - point taken! :)

robertkulp

While not familiar with Mark, there is another possibility that isn't too far fetched. He could be the victim of identity/account theft and the activity being seen isn't really him, but someone else.

But, that doesn't fully explain him not answering his phone or returning the voice messages that George left for him.

nativewooder

There are a few well-known Aussie sellers on IAP who have earned their reputation! Why waste your time on pretty pictures. There are also sellers of Aussie burls here in the USA. Google is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom