Jeer Glowacki Timbers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

duncsuss

I paid for some Mallee burl from Mark Glowacki 10/3.

I know post from Australia to USA can take a while, but after 3 weeks I sent a PM to Mark (10/23), that was a full week ago.

Tuesday I followed up with a message through his Facebook page (which Facebook says was seen on Wednesday).

A simple "I'll look into it and get back to you" would be acceptable.

But I have not heard anything. No contact at all. Radio silence.

At this point, I'm real close to invoking the Paypal Buyer Protection to get my money back. I'll give it a couple more days, but as you can probably tell -- I'm not happy.

Screen Shot 2015-10-31 at 10.15.45 PM.png

jttheclockman

Did you all buy them from here?? If so it would be wise to let Jeff know. He wants to be informed of devious sellers if this is the case. But you also have to remember life can throw us all a curve ball and something may have come up. Always a tricky situation. Good luck and hope things work out for the best.

Skie_M

Shipping from Australia to addresses in the USA can be tricky, time-wise. It can take as long as 6 to 8 weeks for the shipping to complete!

As it's only been a month, you guys may wanna show some patience... it takes a long time to get stuff to or from "Down Under"... :)

duncsuss

Did you all buy them from here?? If so it would be wise to let Jeff know. He wants to be informed of devious sellers if this is the case. But you also have to remember life can throw us all a curve ball and something may have come up. Always a tricky situation. Good luck and hope things work out for the best.

I believe all 3 of us made the deals based on his classified ad here, or (in my case) PMs here to get to a "smaller" deal than the pack of 30 blanks he advertised.

I've sent a message to Jeff, thanks for that suggestion.

There's always the possibility of a reasonable explanation for this -- but Mark has most definitely posted on Facebook since I sent him a message. As I see it, he could have responded to the messages we've sent him.

duncsuss

Shipping from Australia to addresses in the USA can be tricky, time-wise. It can take as long as 6 to 8 weeks for the shipping to complete!

As it's only been a month, you guys may wanna show some patience... it takes a long time to get stuff to or from "Down Under"... :)

I'm patient when it comes to shipping.

I'm less patient when it comes to ignoring my messages.

magpens

FYI and FWIW:

I received a package of 16 blanks from Mark Glowacki about 3 weeks ago.
It was about 2 weeks in transit from him in Goolwa, South Australia to Vancouver, B.C., Canada, which was longer than he estimated (1 week).

It was sent airmail, which is the shipping medium I believe that Mark Glowacki advertises for the price he quotes.

Here is the pre-shipment information I rec'd from Mark. It contains his email address which may be useful to some.

Hi mal yes the total is US$74 which includes shipping.

Let me know when you have made payment and I will send them off. Postage takes about a week.
My PayPal is

Thanks
Mark
Moderator's note: I removed the personal e-mail address in accordance with our privacy policy and Terms of Service. If you need this e-mail address, I am sure a PM to Magpens would get it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

robutacion

Mark lives about 45 minutes from me on his new place however (never visited him), the last time I contacted Mark was some months ago and I find it very strange that, he would do that particularly since he was away from selling burls and making pens and he is now, trying to comeback so, I'm inclined to think that, something has happened that has made him unable to make contact.

Once again, I find it strange from his part so, time will tell...!

If I find his phone number, I will try to call him...!

Cheers
George

duncsuss

Mark lives about 45 minutes from me on his new place however (never visited him), the last time I contacted Mark was some months ago and I find it very strange that, he would do that particularly since he was away from selling burls and making pens and he is now, trying to comeback so, I'm inclined to think that, something has happened that has made him unable to make contact.

Once again, I find it strange from his part so, time will tell...!

If I find his phone number, I will try to call him...!

Cheers
George

George -- sending you a PM with his phone number.

I found it strange too. Which is why the message I sent him on Facebook was "Mark -- everything okay? I sent a PM on IAP several days ago, but you haven't been on there in 3 weeks ... Hope you're well."

If Facebook is lying to me when it says "Seen Wednesday 5:45am" then I owe Mark an apology, and will give it immediately.

KCW

It may be true that it takes a long time for a package to get here (he said 5-10 days in his post, for air mail, which I paid for), it only takes a second for an electronic response to get here, what is the excuse for that?

Last edited:

Skie_M

Mmmm ... now I'm a lil worried.

I'm thinking something may have happened to him .... a Facebook account can be checked by using a smartphone or tablet ... it could be he's had a bit of trouble and someone checked on his acct but didn't know what to say or do. Let's see if they can contact him directly and figure out what's up.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
We had this same issue with Mark at the end of September. He eventually contacted the buyers and I believe made good on the orders or refunded the money. He assured me that this would not happen again. I'm most concerned about the lack of communication.

I've just closed his ads and sent him another PM.

duncsuss

Nothing.

I just started the "dispute" process though PayPal, in the hope that it gets his attention.

BTW ... unless somebody is pretending to be him on Facebook, I see that he has been active there within the last 16 hours. (And Facebook is one of the channels I used to try to reach him.)

I wish this had not unfolded the way it has, I really don't like having to take these unpleasant actions.

Drewboy22

Nothing.

I just started the "dispute" process though PayPal, in the hope that it gets his attention.

BTW ... unless somebody is pretending to be him on Facebook, I see that he has been active there within the last 16 hours. (And Facebook is one of the channels I used to try to reach him.)

I wish this had not unfolded the way it has, I really don't like having to take these unpleasant actions.

I saw his activity though FB also. Looks like he had a good weekend with the kid... I will give PP a call today as I have waited to long to reject payment. I also wish it would have gone a different direction. I like working with people and meeting people, but I was also looking forward to some of those blanks. Oh Well :( Win some, Lose Some:crying:

Yorkie UK

I have just been reimbursed my funds via paypal for undelivered goods bought on one of his adds here in the classifieds.

Yorkie UK

1st October was the payment, 5th he stated that he was posting them that day, no response since then.

Just to add i bought from him before without issue, package taking 10 days to be delivered.

duncsuss

1st October was the payment, 5th he stated that he was posting them that day, no response since then.

Just to add i bought from him before without issue, package taking 10 days to be delivered.

Thanks.

I paid him Oct 3rd, haven't heard from him since then.

KCW

I just started a dispute also. I wanted those blanks so bad, I'm definitely disappointed. I was very excited about turning some burl pens.:frown:

robutacion

Wow, I don't know what to say, I was certainly not expecting this from Mark.

What is bugging mostly is that, some of you claim he has been active of FB so, is no way, he couldn't be receiving all these messages sent in so many ways.

I know that, I called his mobile number twice and both times I got his voice (yes, I know is voice) message bank, left a message and no reply, since...!

Unfortunately, I can't go and visit him at his new place, I know the town's name but, I don't have his address that by-the-way, some of you that received orders from him, may have, unless is a PO Box. I recall a couple of times I contacted him, for a possible visit so that I could see his burls and by some for my castings, both times he suggested that would be no point in come to his place, he would show me pics of what he had. Really...???

We are about 1 hour's drive or less, appart...!:eek::confused:

I'm sorry that I can be much of a help at this point unless, someone wand to send me a PM or email with his address if known...!

Cheers
George

Drewboy22

I started the dispute this morning and sent him a message via PayPal. I told him in the message that he had 48 hrs before I escalated to a claim.

In all the years I have been using Paypal, ebay, forum classifieds... this is the first time I have had to file a dispute :(

duncsuss

I'm sorry that I can be much of a help at this point unless, someone wand to send me a PM or email with his address if known...!
George, I've got a feeling that a visit from you would be something Mark would not like.

He's chosen to break off contact, for a reason we don't know (and I'm not going to make guesses why), and if he wants to get in touch with any of us it's really easy for him. If he can update his Facebook profile picture, he can reply to a Facebook message. And he can return your phone calls.

Thanks for doing what you have done -- it was good of you to take the time to do that. Much appreciated ... cheers! :beer:

KCW

I finally escalated to a claim this morning. I have never had to do that before, and it doesn't sit well with me. I was left no choice in the matter, but I still don't like doing it. I wanted those stupid pen blanks so bad, I was hoping it would miraculously work itself out. I guess if something looks to good to be true, it probably is. I will just have to hope for a good deal on burl from someone else.

duncsuss

I finally escalated to a claim this morning. I have never had to do that before, and it doesn't sit well with me. I was left no choice in the matter, but I still don't like doing it. I wanted those stupid pen blanks so bad, I was hoping it would miraculously work itself out. I guess if something looks to good to be true, it probably is. I will just have to hope for a good deal on burl from someone else.

I escalated the Paypal claim also.

It still gives him a chance to respond and ship the blanks if he chooses, but I'm resigned to however it plays out.

It's only the second time an online purchase has gone bad for me in all the years I've been doing it.

Drewboy22

I escalated the Paypal claim also.

It still gives him a chance to respond and ship the blanks if he chooses, but I'm resigned to however it plays out.

It's only the second time an online purchase has gone bad for me in all the years I've been doing it.

I have as well :frown: Looks like PayPal has had a busy morning

PAYPAL said:
What happens next

The seller has been asked to respond by Nov 21, 2015. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.

I guess I should count my lucky stars that this is the first time I have had to file a dispute Booooo :frown:. Oh Well, I guess it has to happen sometime.

allmaclean

Just to let you know that I tried a couple of PM about blanks through here and also through a couple of listings he had on Ebay.. No response to either.

magpens

Cheers to PayPal !

That was pretty quick, Duncan. . You filed claim with PayPal on Nov 11 and got reimbursed on Nov 19.

I'd say Cheers to PayPal.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Is this guy trying to sell on any other sites since this event??? He needs to be watched. There could be criminal charges brought to him . Deceit and defraud are not good.

Sappheiros

Sometimes Facebook can say a message has been seen even if it hasn't, but clearly something is up if he updated his profile picture November 17. The last four items sold on eBay weren't just sold, they had the best offer price accepted and then not shipped. All of that really does sound fishy.

duncsuss

That was pretty quick, Duncan. . You filed claim with PayPal on Nov 11 and got reimbursed on Nov 19.

I'd say Cheers to PayPal.

I must have escalated the claim a couple of days before 9th -- they give the seller exactly 10 days to reply to their notification that a claim has been filed. No response = refund. (If the seller responds, the purchaser is invited to submit "further evidence", then PayPal adjudicates. That takes longer, of course.)

But 100% agree -- PayPal stood by their purchaser protection exactly "as advertised."

duncsuss

I'm done with him.

I still believe there could be extenuating circumstances and an innocent explanation for his behaviour, but as I stated once before I refuse to speculate on what they might be.

KCW

He has until the 24th to respond to my claim, I am expecting him to ignore that also. Every day, I hope that the package will just show up, and I can cancel the claim, but I know that isn't going to happen.

Drewboy22

He has until the 24th to respond to my claim, I am expecting him to ignore that also. Every day, I hope that the package will just show up, and I can cancel the claim, but I know that isn't going to happen.

I will find out tomorrow if he waited till the last minute but I doubt it. I am with you KCW, everyday I hope it shows up, I was really looking forward to those blanks. Oh well, c'est la vie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom