Cheer George-Bits-of-Timber.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecfi

Huge Cheers to my friend from the down under. Username: Robutacion, from Geoerges-bits-of-Timber.com. I have been surfing George's website and his postings here for some time. I have never ordered from him, due to him being a world away. Boy was that a mistake! I was lucky enough to receive a gift certificate from George, at a pen turners workshop back in March 2016, in Wadsworth, Ohio. I filed it away, as my building/turning season was winding time that time of year here. I happened to find it in July during some shop organizing. When I read it, it plainly stated the certificate was good for 90 days from the date of the event. Well, 90 days had long since passed. I reached out to George and he responded very promptly and graciously agreed to honor the certificate beyond the 90 days. Awesome! It gets better. I went to his website and looked, yet again, at his beautiful blanks, and made an order for the certificate amount and then some. The certificate did not require me to buy more than the certificate amount to have it honored, it was all free. But since I was already ordering from Australia, I figured get some more shipped to me at that time. When I checked out, the shipping seemed high, but I figured it is a loooooong haul to the states. I did not contact George on this issue. He contacted my on his own accord, and explained the calculation error. He offered me a full refund on the over charge. Again I never questioned him about the shipping fees or asked for a refund. George did this all on his own. I was already pleased with the integrity shown by him and I had none of his product to actually hold. I decided to just have Goerge add a few more blanks instead of the refund. I had already spent the money. It still gets better! His shipment arrived Monday, August 15, 2016. His pictures here and on his website do his blanks no justice! They are pure EYE CANDY! I do not even want to drill and turn them as that will seem a shame to turn a portion of his blanks to dust. I will be ordering from again in the future and post some pics of the finished pens once I have some. It is well worth the extra 3-4 days wait for the shipping to the states, to have some of these awesome blanks. Again thanks and cheers to George!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
George is indeed a class guy & he does have awesome blanks.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Racer3770

I also won a certificate to George's site from MPG. I couldn't be happier with the products he sent. Great blanks! Great guy!

robutacion

Thanks Shane, is always a pleasure to deal with folks like yourself...!

I do hate when people get overcharge, particularly with shipping and while I set up my web store to prevent these issues, is my few mistakes that allow this to happen which I apologise and make sure I correct immediately.

I prefer to see my blanks turned into something, you may feel that they look too good as is but in the end, they are only pen blanks I created and I can always create more of the like so, don't worry, do your thing and you will be fine...!

Cheers
George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom