Cheer Double Cheer for Ptownsubbie and Oklahoman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

tdsmart

A very nice lady approached me at a recent craft show and asked if I could make pens from some shell casings she had from a funeral at Arlington. She had engraved several. Not having done this from scratch before, I turned to Fred (Ptownsubbie) to see if I could buy the pieces from him less the shell casing. Fred was backed up and could not help before Christmas, which is when she needed these pens. I then asked Roy (Oklahoman) if I could buy the parts from him less the shell casings and he offered to sell me the entire kits at a discount.

When I went back to Fred to let him know Roy had offered to help, I happened to ask him if I would be able to disassemble the kits I would get from Roy to use the engraved shell casings. Fred said I would not be able to get them apart without significant damage as they were glued together. So, he offered to send me the pieces I needed and to walk me through his creative process. Fred stuck with me as I stumbled my way through making the pens AND he sent me the parts for free.

Where else but here on IAP would that happen? Can't thank Fred and Roy enough.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

Tom,

Lets see some pictures if you can post them.....

You're welcome! I am happy to help given you were doing it for a Military Vet's family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom