a day late and a dollar short v. 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got am email from Penn state over the weekend that offered me 10% off for being a customer for 10 years, ordered several items and the discount would cover shipping. Today, I get an email that offers 15% off 400 pen styles!!!! So the general public gets more than the valuable customer? Hmm. I will call in the morning and see what happens.

Well, just as I thought...contacted them, the order was "processed" and "there's nothing they can do! Of course there is!!! If they want to! They need to empower their people.
How hard would it be to say "We're sorry , Mr. McCullough, that order was processed, how about we fix this by taking the difference off your next order?" or applying a credit to my account to be used at a later date?
I'm a Sales Manager for a half a billion $ a year company, we own "literally" half the all the business in our market. We do that by telling our customers what we CAN do for them, not what we can't. We do what's right and then some, that's how you get satisfied customers.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Somebody's just not thinking over there. A special discount sent out to "valued customers" is supposed to build good will, not just get an extra sale. This would seem to have done just the opposite.

Brian G

I received the 15% coupon yesterday, too, after having ordered something on Sunday.

I can't make the leap in believing that there's anything sinister about their timing. For crying out loud, the 15% off code is on their website!

Their order page is clear in stating that orders can't be modified once they are submitted. I can't believe how many times there's a Jeer about it. It's like that thread commenting about how kids can't read instructions.

The 15% coupon expires after four days. I won't be surprised to see another Jeer from somebody complaining that PSI wouldn't extend the sale just for them because they waited 5 minutes too long to submit the order.

Sorry for stomping on your Jeer, but I think the expectation is misplaced and the particular complaint about not halting an order to change something has been Jeered to death.

Falcon1220

Business must be slow at PSI. I received the same 10% off offer early January. I did not use it. So I received the 15% off offer. I was not planning on using that. (Canadian $ is to low so I am buying Australian)
I have now received a 3rd offer for 20% off. Maybe I will use it now.....but have to wonder if I do not use it, will they up the %.

Too bad you didn't get it. My jeer was that I got an appreciation customer discount that is worth less than the general public got a day later and they would not make an adjusytment. It has nothing to do with when it was processed... The offers were a day apart!! They tell me how much they appreciate me by telling me the process ing time of an order determines when their appreciation of me has ended.
At best, if it was on the system and I am a good customer, wouldnt you think they would apply that better offer?

QUOTE=Brian G;1621815]I received the 15% coupon yesterday, too, after having ordered something on Sunday.

I can't make the leap in believing that there's anything sinister about their timing. For crying out loud, the 15% off code is on their website!

Their order page is clear in stating that orders can't be modified once they are submitted. I can't believe how many times there's a Jeer about it. It's like that thread commenting about how kids can't read instructions.

The 15% coupon expires after four days. I won't be surprised to see another Jeer from somebody complaining that PSI wouldn't extend the sale just for them because they waited 5 minutes too long to submit the order.

Sorry for stomping on your Jeer, but I think the expectation is misplaced and the particular complaint about not halting an order to change something has been Jeered to death.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

southernclay

If it was just a regular promotional discount email I wouldn't think it was a big deal. 10 year anniversary email is a little different, unfortunate timing for sure. The way I read it that's got you more frustrated than the 5% difference, maybe I'm wrong. If it was the exact tenth anniversary of your first order then it is a coincidence. Otherwise seems like some poor planning in the promo dept. With most things like this I would say if you were happy with 10% off then stay happy with it. However I do see how you could feel frustrated in this case.

I've been fortunate in my few dealings with them. A recent order had a defect in a display case and they replaced with a photo and a couple of calls with no shipping back of the defected item. (Small tear in the material that I can repair) I did have to follow up once but no biggie and they were nice.

kovalcik

One thing of note is that the anniversary discount was for your entire order (at least mine was). The 15% is only on pen kits. So depending on your order makeup, the 10% dicount might be the better deal. You really cannot compare them.

Just for the record, I received an anniversary discount several weeks ago, so it seems it was not an intentional bait and switch.

Last edited:

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
:mad:

I am in the same boat.. Ordered some items at 8:04 PM Sunday night, $239.50 to be exact, Called PSI at 5:05 pm.. VM said they were open until 5:15, but they were closed. Called back tuesday at lunch, spoke to a rude lady and somehow got disconnected after I had given my order number.. CALLED back, spoke to another lady who said there was nothing she could or would do. I decided to inform her about an issue with a defect with a previous order ( knights armor nib) and she said I would need to speak to tech, she transferred me without even saying anything else then the phone RANG AND RANG, after about 15+ rings, I hung up.

I also paid for the faster shipping at PSI, It shows its going to arrive NEXT MONDAY.. A week from PA to TX??????:confused:

I had good luck with PSI CS in the past, but this time, annoyed me beyond belief. I won't be ordering from them anytime in the near future. :mad:
FOR THE RECORD, before someone pipes up about buying from one of the suppliers on here, I also placed an order Sunday with Ed & Dawn for over $200 & Wood-n-Whimsies $60 :biggrin:

I will be happy, but the wife was not when she saw I went about $200 over what I had planed on ordering :biggrin:

Brian G

Too bad you didn't get it. My jeer was that I got an appreciation customer discount that is worth less than the general public got a day later and they would not make an adjusytment. It has nothing to do with when it was processed... The offers were a day apart!! They tell me how much they appreciate me by telling me the process ing time of an order determines when their appreciation of me has ended.
At best, if it was on the system and I am a good customer, wouldnt you think they would apply that better offer?

I think I got it just fine. :) You would have liked them to consider your patronage to be worth one-half more than the cost of shipping of the order for which you received 10% off. In other words, if you used the shipping option of 3 to 5 business days, which would be about $8.50, you'd like them to apply the extra $4.25 for being a long time customer.

I'm not a PSI shill. I just have a different perspective on the value of the difference between the two discounts.

Last edited:
It's not about Any AMOUNT of money! I'll give you a pass on this one.

I think I got it just fine. :) You would have liked them to consider your patronage to be worth one-half more than the cost of shipping of the order for which you received 10% off. In other words, if you used the shipping option of 3 to 5 business days, which would be about $8.50, you'd like them to apply the extra $4.25 for being a long time customer.

I'm not a PSI shill. I just have a different perspective on the value of the difference between the two discounts.

PapaTim

I look at it this way. I got the 10% discount a couple of weeks ago and placed an order. Then I got the 15% discount notice so I placed another order. The public has only gotten a 15% discount while some of us have also had an additional (but separate) 10% savings. If you were offered both and only used one, that's not their fault, they've obviously offered you (and a few others) more discounts than most people got.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom