Jeer CSUSA - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Cheers & Jeers
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2019, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteON View Post
Let me understand. Sorry for the anology. If I order a small pizza the delivery charge is x amount. Large would be more expensive to deliver. Bigger box. Takes up more room in car. Add a pizza steak charge an additional fee. Have a pizza party and get an estimated delivery fee.
I appreciate everyone's explanation as to why the shipping cost is such. But no thanks. Not buying. Youíre happy thatís all that counts. Barry Gross does the same. I ordered one time. Oops. I did it again. Is he a vendor. You defend the vendors as to how much they do for IAP. You realize without us there is no them.
Just curious... are 20 ring cores that much heavier than shipping 3-5 cores. Think the package should cost $8-10 more? Please reread my posts. Nothing negative about quality or service. Just the outrageous shipping cost.
Iím not alone on this. Got plenty of support. Also got contacted by a vendor here and will give him a shot.
Iím glad most of you are Happy. I must be Dopey cause Iím Grumpy. Have a great day.
Barry Gross does nothing for this site As said you find someone who has everything you want and buy from them. But remember if you have to split an order your savings went out the window. Plenty of vendors out there. Everyone would like free shipping but some way you will pay for that free shipping. Also when shopping take and compare prices of items you are interested in and add that to your comparison shopping list. Things do add up.

My Photo Album
jttheclockman is offline   Top
Old 01-22-2019, 03:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I don't begrudge vendors covering their shipping and handling costs. I don't think it should be a money maker for them. I like Wood-N-Whimsies. They charge shipping based on dollar amount for expediency, but will refund you if the actual shipping is less. That's a fair policy. If the vendor is basically paying by weight, then they should be passing it on the same way.

Gary
vtgaryw is offline   Top
Old 01-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Vendor Liaison

Is their shipping metric not available on their site?

I don't want to dissuade you from your right to post your opinion, but if a vendor posts their metric, then it's up to you to do business with them or not based on your acceptance or rejection of the shipping costs...

I tend to think that a Jeer should only happen if they don't live up to their promises - which this doesn't really fit (in my opinion). That being said, charging based on value is probably a lot easier for them than charging for weight and bulk - value is easier to program into their system, likely.

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
maxwell_smart007 is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2019, 05:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell_smart007 View Post
I tend to think that a Jeer should only happen if they don't live up to their promises - which this doesn't really fit (in my opinion). That being said, charging based on value is probably a lot easier for them than charging for weight and bulk - value is easier to program into their system, likely.
Padding the bill is not a Jeer? Gouging shipping charges certainly are a Jeer (from me). I'm just ranting and blowing wind. Not liking a companies policy certainly is a Jeer.
So...I buy pool cue components from a company that does similar. I like the products & service. They are the best around to deal with(have the merchandise) so I do so. I buy once a year...no big deal. As for wood turning stuff I buy impulsively. I buy often...not interested in paying $13plus for 2 small orders in a week to 2's time. I'm simply disappointed in the gouge practice...and it hurts because I'd like to deal with CS. I have policies and limits also. I did not question or complain about their supply prices. Also I do not sell my pens/stoppers, whatever...I tend to gift and donate for charitable organizations. I'm not making money...not recovering any. If I sold my stuff I'd simply build the shipping into the sale...and charge a few bucks more...and provide "free" shipping.

VENDOR Cheers/Jeers:
Provide an objective and subjective evaluation of your experience.
Will you order from this vendor again? Why or why not?

As per the rules. Simply stating my experience. In no way bashing or discouraging others from using CS.

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS
MidAmericaPool professional pool cue repair lathe

Last edited by WriteON; 01-22-2019 at 05:41 PM.
WriteON is offline   Top
Old 01-22-2019, 06:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Donít they offer free shipping at times during the year?
beck3906 is offline   Top
Old 03-14-2019, 10:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

Cheers and Jeers.... I requested this thread be opened (was closed). I'm hard pressed to hold a JEER against CSUSA. The Jeer is strictly for the escalating shipping charge. I have been ordering from CS for obvious reasons...and that is the quality & service is there. They are great to deal with. It's hard to JEER....there is nothing negative with products and service. I gave them a few decent orders so far.

Would like to see a reasonable flat rate...or free shipping with a substantial minimum order. Would like to give a 5star Cheer instead of 4 star Jeer.

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS
MidAmericaPool professional pool cue repair lathe

Last edited by WriteON; 03-14-2019 at 10:19 PM.
WriteON is offline   Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread