Jeer CSUSA - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Cheers & Jeers
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2019, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default CSUSA

Jeering because of the escalating shipping charge. The more items purchased the higher the shipping charge. Weight has nothing to do with it. Buy 2 ring cores the shipping might be $5.50.... order 10 or $150 worth and it bumps up pretty good. I placed a substantial first order with them but will look elsewhere for supplies. I do not appreciate the tactic. I gave them the courtesy of writing to them. General policy is If you like something tell your friends. If you donít tell us. They have been told. And most likely donít give a hoot.

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS
MidAmericaPool professional pool cue repair lathe
WriteON is offline   Top
Old 01-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 104

Isn't there a group buy going on now???

January 2019 Craft Supplies USA Group Buy

Again another one of our sponsors here on this site. There are several members who work for CSUSA here.

My Photo Album

Last edited by jttheclockman; 01-21-2019 at 10:41 PM.
jttheclockman is offline   Top
Old 01-22-2019, 06:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jttheclockman View Post

Again another one of our sponsors here on this site. There are several members who work for CSUSA here.
Again....my apologies for speaking up again. Nobody comments/complains nothing changes.
As for members working here maybe the over inflated shipping cost can be addressed. I'd like to deal with CS. The service and quality of items are very good. As for group buys... I prefer to simply order at my own pace...but thanks for the heads up.

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS

Last edited by WriteON; 01-22-2019 at 07:07 AM.
WriteON is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2019, 09:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 3

I just want to add that many factors may go into a companyís shipping policy/fees. Whether a company decides to charge by dollar amount, weight, #of items, shipping method/carrier, or a combination of these, boils down to finding and implementing a process that works consistently for them.
They will have hard costs of boxes/ packaging, packing materials, labels, printer toner, warehouse storage space and of course labor before even getting to the actual shipping costs.
Labor is big and needs to be as streamlined as possible without risking errors. Some companies will double check items in the box to the order before it goes out the door. Restocking bins when more supplies are ordered also takes time.
Another consideration, as the buyer is, does the company consistently get your order right? And do they get the shipment out the door promptly?
These and customer support have value which equals $$.
When a company has free shipping, it has to be added into the price of the products. Very seldom are things actually free.

It has been a while since Iíve ordered from CSUSA but I have been very pleased with their shipping/customer service.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteON View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jttheclockman View Post

Again....my apologies for speaking up again. Nobody comments/complains nothing changes.
As for members working here maybe the over inflated shipping cost can be addressed. I'd like to deal with CS. The service and quality of items are very good. As for group buys... I prefer to simply order at my own pace...but thanks for the heads up.

I understand you have every right to voice your opinion and but other factors come into play with shipping and some have been just mentioned. I have always looked at shipping costs something we deal with that will always continue to increase. I have bought things from many places that I thought were high shipping costs but I wanted the items and my time to do searches has a value too. There are other vendors out there so if you do not mind it might be in your best interest to shop around. But if you have to break up your order and buy from 2 places you just defeated your quest for lower rates. Good luck.

My Photo Album
jttheclockman is offline   Top
Old 01-22-2019, 10:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Shipping costs do come into play in the overall cost of the product. For small orders I pay attention to shipping cost but it does not drive my decision.

For larger orders I include the shipping cost in the overall product cost and see which supplier is cheaper. There are levels at which the overall costs will break different ways for different suppliers.

I compound the decision at times because I have a decent supplier fairly close. No shipping costs if I can justify the drive across Indy or happen to be headed that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
Be kind &
Leave The Rest to God
MRDucks2 is offline   Top
Old 01-22-2019, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Let me understand. Sorry for the anology. If I order a small pizza the delivery charge is x amount. Large would be more expensive to deliver. Bigger box. Takes up more room in car. Add a pizza steak charge an additional fee. Have a pizza party and get an estimated delivery fee.
I appreciate everyone's explanation as to why the shipping cost is such. But no thanks. Not buying. Youíre happy thatís all that counts. Barry Gross does the same. I ordered one time. Oops. I did it again. Is he a vendor. You defend the vendors as to how much they do for IAP. You realize without us there is no them.
Just curious... are 20 ring cores that much heavier than shipping 3-5 cores. Think the package should cost $8-10 more? Please reread my posts. Nothing negative about quality or service. Just the outrageous shipping cost.
Iím not alone on this. Got plenty of support. Also got contacted by a vendor here and will give him a shot.
Iím glad most of you are Happy. I must be Dopey cause Iím Grumpy. Have a great day.

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS
WriteON is offline   Top
Old 01-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 4

I understand and agree. There are several companies that gouge on shipping with this method. Grizzly is one.
The interesting part is, the vendor will ship a small item in a ridiculously large box for x-amount of s&h. If an additional, exact item is added, the shipping jumps to almost double or more, and the item would have plenty of space for the ride in this huge box. An example would be pen tubes. They are small, and light, yet when ordering 5 of them, s&h is $3.00 but, if 6 are ordered, the s&h goes to $8.00 (this is a hypothetical scenario).
Does it take that much more time to grab an additional tube? Does said tube weigh an astronomical amount? Does this tube require a box that's double the size? The box is already too large to start.

I too avoid companies that use this practice. The benefit to the internet is being able to comparison shop.

............-John-

A clever person solves a problem.
.....A wise person avoids it.
Terredax is offline   Top
Old 01-22-2019, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 4

That is one thing I appreciate about the causa group buy. If it fits in the small shipping box it is one cost. If you move to the next higher cost it is another.

I work with an organization and we do a lot of shipping. I can tell you people are seldom happy with shipping. As the vendor I am not happy with it. It is expensive.

I was trying to order one blank from a vendor and they wanted 8.75 to ship it. I chose not to get it.

Talltim is offline   Top
Old 01-22-2019, 02:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

I also agree that unreasonable shipping is just another way of making money.

While it was present here and there historically, it became a ďpracticeĒ among some when eBay became increasing fees on their service but excludes shipping and handling. At that time some folks realized that if you sold a $100 item for $1 and charged $99 for shipping, you made more money.

For some, it is likely nothing more than an easy way to set up their software to ensure they do not lose money on shipping.

It is another cost that has to be considered.

Be kind &
Leave The Rest to God
MRDucks2 is offline   Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread