Cheer Craft Supplies USA Workshops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren White

I returned a week or so ago from a 3-day Basic Wood Turning Workshop offered by Craft Supplies in Provo, Utah. This particular one was a Basic Workshop taught by Kip Christensen, with Stan Record assisting.

I can't say enough about the entire experience. The facility was amazing; great equipment, every supply item you could imagine, and the shop was very well laid out. The teaching station was enhanced with video, and the class was small enough for individual instruction. I turned on a Sweet 16 lathe (a monster compared to my little Jet); there were mostly Powermatic lathes and at least one Vicmark.

The workshop was administratively handled by Kristen Gubler and she did an absolutely perfect job. I couldn't imagine a better handled workshop anywhere.

The quality of instruction was outstanding. In the course of three days we did a 'scales' exercise (Kip reminded us that musicians need to practice scales all of the time) where we did beads, coves and ogees on a piece of wood. We then turned a twig pot (I called it a bud vase) out of Aspen, a wet bowl out of Sycamore, a dry bowl out of Box Elder, and a platter out of Poplar.

CSUSA has a series of 2, 3 and 5 day workshops offered. I would highly recommend them. I found it to be OUTSTANDING.

Attachments

• IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom