Cheer Cheer! Craft Supply USA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

elkhorn

I have been a long time fan of CSUSA and have always been treated well.

I ran into a problem with my bottle stopper/shaving brush mandrel the other day and called CSUSA and spoke with Josh (who is always on this site). I explained the problem and they hadn't encountered that before.

The solution? They sent out a new mandrel and bushing at no charge and just asked to be kept informed if that solved the problem.

It did, so I'm letting all of you know how great they were and will let them know tomorrow.

bobleibo

Don't let their smiling faces, fantastic service and awesome selection fool you, they are secretly evil !!!!!!! I lost a screw that holds the jaws on my chuck a few days ago so I drove over there with the intent to get a couple. No big deal, in and out for a couple of bucks....... yeah, right.
Started talking to Josh about a round nose scraper that I didn't know I needed. Somehow when I walked out it was going with me. That place is worse than Costco......just accept the fact you are going to spend more than you planned and avoid the stress!
Yes, I am weak and have no will power~

elkhorn

To answer your question, Greg, it had to do with stopper blanks coming off the mandrel. You use the same mandrel for their shaving brushes as you do for the stoppers. I had turned about 20 shaving brushes in acrylic and 15 stoppers in wood and acrylic. The last few bottle stopper blanks I tried to turn kept coming loose on the mandrel, even though it was backed up with the tailstock. I tried drilling the hole 1/16" less before I used the tap for the kits, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I think the mandrel just wore down enough (?) to not hold the wood. I was trying to turn marbled, paduk, lignum vitae and osage orange. With the new mandrel they sent I had no problem.

Bob, you are 1000% correct. If you go into Craft Supply, leave your check book and credit cards at home! It is worse than Costco, but way more fun:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom