Jeer "The available colors are listed on the website" -Vermont Freehand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeinSC

This has been stuck in my craw all day. As I stand here in front of my lathe at 1am, a simple exchange with an ebonite vendor still bothers me.
I asked Vermont Freehand via Instagram if they had solid orange ebonite in 10" pieces. Their reply is the title to this post.
I don't know why I didn't think to look at the website first or why I felt the need to ask. Now, I did check the site. I saw orange and black but did not see a solid orange color.
How wrong of me to ask despite not seeing what I was looking for. Could I have thought that there was a chance he had stock that wasn't listed? Even if it is there, a quick yes and some guidance or dialogue to the customer would have netted a new customer.

I pray that I never become dismissive to customers, new or old. I have never purchased from Vermont Freehand and after that simple reply today, I never will.

Gwatson50

I feel your frustration... here's a brief version of a saga I hope ends today with the delivery of a lathe I ordered. I ordered a new Rikon midi lathe through Amazon on 19 April. The order was handled by CT Tools. I received an email saying my order had shipped on 26 April and was expected on 3 May. That was not true, no lathe arrived. I try to get a status through Amazon, who refers me to CT Tools. CT Tools response is to tell me they have the manufacturer direct ship and the Rikon system has been down for days. Ok I think these things happen. Meanwhile the lathe has gone on sale at woodcraft ( rats). But I can't cancel the order because I can't determine whether it has shipped... I'd have to
Pay return shipping on 124 lb. item. Finally, on 8 May it is determined the lathe shipped on 3 May...and is out for delivery.... after two days of being out for delivery I wrangle who the shipping company is and get a tracking number from CT Tools.... the shipping company is Estes. I gave them s call yesterday and after tense moments of searching they find my order. They say they didn't have a phone number for me and don't deliver without an appointment. Good thing I called... so four companies are involved all of which are pointing at each other. Amazon, CT Tools, Rikon and Estes and none of them give a hoot about the customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

bjbear76

Mike,

Not trying to take sides , but I've been doing business with Steve at Vermont Freehand for a few years now and have never had any issues. I do know he's been out of the shop for the Chicago Pipe Show and probably is just returning. Perhaps he didn't the information with him that you needed. Might want to give him a call (I'm not into the Instagram, etc stuff so I can't say if that makes a difference).

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom