Amazon Service

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a new Delta 46-460 from Amazon and it arrived yesterday and was left in front of my garage door. I took it in and opened it as soon as I saw it there and found the right hand mounting bracket was broken from the casting. I got online to my account at Amazon and followed the instructions on returns and within 15 minutes I had a confirmation saying UPS would pick up the lathe Thursday and a new one would be shipped to me and should arrive on Monday. You could not ask for any better customer service so I highly reccomend them for any purchases that they ship to you directly. I do not know how it would be if it is shipped from another party.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timbo

I had similar experience with a Dewalt planer I ordered from them. It arrive with a mangled cord. Called them up, they shipped out another one immediately, long with a return shipping label for the first one. Geat customer service that outfit has.

Stevej72

Ya that is great service. I didn't have a big item but a book didn't show up when it was supposed to and they send a 2nd book 2nd day shipping. The original book showed up a week later and they emailed a label to return it. It's good to know that they take care of the customer even with more expensive item, too.

watch_art

Amazon is awesome - I just wonder what happened to that $50 mail in rebate I sent off before Christmas. Never heard from them about it.

Jarod888

I ordered my Jet 10-14 VSI from Amazon because I got an amazing deal. It was the lowest price it had been in many months (over 100$ cheaper than it is now). When it arrived I noticed that one of the leveling feet was cracked. The lathe was in perfect condition otherwise. I got on to Amazon's site and sent a nice email letting them know about the issue, and that it wasn't a big deal because I could just replace the foot with something else. I picked up a replacement foot and bolt from HD for about 3 dollars total. It wasn't a big deal to me and I didn't expect Amazon to do anything. Well to my surprise within 24 hours of sending the email, I received a 10% credit back to my card. So in actuality I got the lathe for around ~375 with free shipping. That kind of customer service, plus the super reasonable prices, no tax, and free 2 day shipping (I have the prime membership because I'm a student), is the reason I continue to do business with Amazon.

I make about 95% of my online shopping through Amazon.
Mostly pen stuff is what I buy through specialized dealers.
Whenever I need to look for something to buy, and I mean "anything" from printer ink to electric guitars, my first choice is Amazon.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Amazon is usually very good about shipping and handling problems. I had one time when they offered free shipping but when I checked out I never got to the page where I could select it. I called them, they explained what had happened and gave me credit for what I had paid for shipping. I think they also fixed the problem on their site - it was caused by doing something in the payment that they had not anticipated in their software and it didn't offer any shipping option.

sbell111

Hmmm... I'm wondering how much is Amazon worth??? :eek:

That depends on what you mean by 'worth'. In 2011, Amazon had total revenues of $48.7 billion and equity of $7.75 billion. Many people don't realize that Amazon is more than just the 'Amazon' branded companies as the also own others such as Woot and Zappos.

Russianwolf

the only complaint I've ever had about Amazon is when I ordered 6 36 inch clamps and received 6 36 inch boxes with 1 clamp in each. They wasted shipping 5 boxes as they all could have fit safely in the one. If I were an investor, I'd want that changed.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Market Cap at the end of March was $100.48 Billion. Gross revenues for 2011 were as Steve said with net income after taxes of $600+ Million.

Gilrock

I can't stand Amazon but it's been so many years since the bad customer service experiences I had I can't remember all the details. I will not buy from them. I will shop on their site and then figure out who is really selling the item. I'd pay more to avoid them. When I had issues they said it wasn't their problem and I had to contact the actual seller because they were just like a middle-man drop shipping the item. And I seem to remember not being able to properly select the exact shipping carrier because at my old address we had no US mail and I had to give a different address depending on the carrier. I know I had it where they told me it was UPS but then they used some type of delivery where UPS delivers to USPS in which case it could never be delivered and it would take weeks for me to sort it out.

And the final thing I hate about Amazon is I can't stand getting emails on Tuesday about a sale on Dewalt cordless drills all because I viewed one on Monday.

They are the middle man for many sellers. My wife sells plants on there. If the customer has a problem with the plants, they need to contact my wife. If the item is sold by Amazon they take care of all the problems,shipping etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom